Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't find the problem an I need help

Corolla custom

Hello iv created this forum to find people that can help me. I have a problem. I was installing a radio an sum wires touched an now the radio doesn't work iv checked the fuse on the radio an it's still good but every time I try an turn it on it burns the fuse on the fuse box under the steering wheel any help?

Looks like their is a wiring short which is causing the main radio fuse to blow. Your best bet would be a wiring diagram to track all the wires in the radio loom. Most of the Toyota models this radio fuse is also shared with the 12v cigarette lighter port, give that a check also to make sure that isn't causing the short.

I did this to my Corolla about a few weeks ago. When I installed my Sony head unit it was wired to lose all power when the ignition was turned off. This meant it wouldn't save radio stations or presets etc. The only other alternative was to change the positive wire to another point which meant the radio will stay on even if the ignition is turned off, meaning I can still save radio stations etc but when I leave the car I have to disconnect the front panel of the radio so it doesn't use too much power.

Anyway, during this time I had no wiring diagram, the diagram for the Sony head unit used different colours to what mine used. I think I had red, black, blue and blue/white. You should match up the same coloured wires with that on the harness - assuming you're wiring a head unit to the ISO connector and not directly on to the factory wiring loom. It ended up that the blue/white wire should've been yellow in my case, and I wired it accordingly. But not after a few times where the car would short out and die completely. I found disconnecting the Battery completely, leaving it for a minute, then reconnecting it seemed to reset everything.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links