Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Corolla Verso 2.2 d4d new injectors still rattle

Danny1984

Hi all

recently about 2 months ago I had some new genuine Toyota/denso injectors fitted to my 2007 (56) Corolla verso, due to faulty flow on injectors 2 and 4 and loud rattle.

now the new injectors are much quieter especially on tickover, you can barely hear them.

BUT... there is still a rattle at around 2000rpm and light load and it's driving me mad.

iv just spent over £1,000 to get this sorted and the noise is still there. It's not as loud as before but surely the noise should not be there at all??

are these injectors noisy as new or have I got a bad set??

dan.

Who fitted the injectors, where they coded to the car, was the ECU updated with the latest software? 

A slight rattly noise is a trait of modern high pressure common rail injectors so it may be normal but without hearing them it would be difficult to say.

Thanks for reply Devon,

the garage that fitted the injectors for me was Reigate motor company, they are a Bosch service centre close to me. They have a very good rep and I trust them totally and have used them for years.

they were the company that originally got live data from the car and diagnosed 2 injectors out of spec.

i then ordered 4 new injectors as I knew this was a common problem and did not want to be changing 2 now and the other 2 a few months later.

Reigate motor company then fitted and coded the injectors to the car, and they told me they were coded correctly and they are working correctly.

the rattle I'm getting is much quieter than before but is still there upto 2000rpm, as most my driving is around town I'm always around them revs so always have the noise.

is updating the ECU something that Reigate motor company can do for me??

and should this have been done when coding the injectors??

lastly, is it normal then for me to hear a little rattle on light load even with new injectors??

thanks

dan

i can only comment on how Toyota deal with the issue: being a 2006 car it will have had Phase 1 injectors fitted the fix was to fit a whole set of phase 2 injectors ( Toyota stopped supplying phase 1 and the two types should not be mixed ) along with this the engine software must be updated to give the benefits of the later injectors, only Toyota could install the latest software. Yes there will always be a little noise its a characteristic of high pressure common rail injectors

Do you see any black smoke at the back when rattles if so its injectors.if not can be something else .anyways you don't have to recode these injectors .

Devon aygo, 

as I have probably had phase one injectors fitted again, is there no way of me stopping or quieting down this rattle??

im so annoyed, iv spent a lot of money trying to sort this properly by doing all 4 injectors and feel iv wasted my money :(

dan

17 hours ago, Khan saab said:

Do you see any black smoke at the back when rattles if so its injectors.if not can be something else .anyways you don't have to recode these injectors .

Rubbish!! each injector has a 26 digit alpha numeric code printed on the top of the injector this along with its cylinder position have to written into the engine ECU, failure to do so can at best give poor running & noise at worst burn holes in your pistons due to poor injection.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links