Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Corolla Verso 2.2 d4d new injectors still rattle

Danny1984

Danny1984     0

• Danny1984
  • Registered Member
  • 31 posts

Hi all

recently about 2 months ago I had some new genuine Toyota/denso injectors fitted to my 2007 (56) Corolla verso, due to faulty flow on injectors 2 and 4 and loud rattle.

now the new injectors are much quieter especially on tickover, you can barely hear them.

BUT... there is still a rattle at around 2000rpm and light load and it's driving me mad.

iv just spent over £1,000 to get this sorted and the noise is still there. It's not as loud as before but surely the noise should not be there at all??

are these injectors noisy as new or have I got a bad set??

dan.

•  

The injector driver reduces current flow to the injectors at idle to quieten them down. Once you rev up you can hear them up to about 2,000 then progressively the engine noise drowns them out.

What did they tell you at the workshop when they changed the injectors.

Thanks for reply Tom,

the garage I use originally got some live data from the car after I took it to them with loud rattle from top of engine.

they diagnosed 2 injectors with flow out of spec so advised I change them asap.

due to this being a common problem I ordered 4 new injectors at a cost of £800 roughly.

the garage then changed them for me and coded them to the car, they just told me they were coded correctly and are working fine.

i do have warranty on both the install and injectors, but I'm not sure if anything is wrong or not, are these injectors just noisy injectors??

car pulls really well, I'm getting much improved mpg, around 45mpg around town, before with old injectors I was getting around 30mpg.

im considering sound proofing engine bay so I don't have to listen to the rattle as much, as most my driving is around town and so I'm always around 2000rpm and the sound is driving me mad.

i just need to hear it's normal for these injectors to be noisy and that I have not wasted my money...

dan

It does seem to be typical of that engine. Both my present car and the car I drove on test did it. I've got used to it over the past 8 years.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links