Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hit and miss playing cds

Jtustin

I find the cd player very hit and miss in the toyota touch a go system wilk play some badly scratched discs but then won't play some discs in very good  and condition anyone else have this provlem it realy does vary but generally 2 out of 3 won't play

I've no idea whether your problem is a dirty lens in the player, or whether they are manufactured or home-burned discs, or whatever else is going on. Either way, CDs are a bit passé. Surely it would be better to just spend a (very) few quid on a small usb stick (if you don't have one around), and use your computer to make MP3 versions of your CDs, which can then go onto the usb stick, wouldn't it? The stick just plugs into the usb socket below the screen. 

You can get a phenomenal number of CDs onto a £4 16Gb (new) usb stick ,,, and declutter the car of all those discs! I think the usb stick needs to have a really basic MS-DOS format (definitely not NTFS or Mac-style) but the car's player seems happy with some other file formats (not just MP3). 

I'm a convert ... :smile:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links