Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hilux Invincible Double Cab 2013 Hardtop

LittleGreyCat

I am looking to buy a double cab pickup and the Hilux Invincible Double Cab is top of the list at the moment.

I am looking at 2013/14 models and haven't found one with a hardtop so far.

Can anyone recommend a reliable make of hardtop?

This will be a tow car for a large caravan with a lot of stuff in the back of the truck so I need it not to leak (which seems to be a problem for some).

Truckman have a good reputation and offer colour coded tops; others are cheaper, however cheap isn't always good.

Good/bad experiences?

Truckman are good, and the top of the range ones should not leak, however some of the cheaper range will as they are a commercial top designed for farmers and the like. A painted Truckman will cost you £1500 ish plus VAT

Thanks.

What is "Top of the Range?"

From http://www.truckman.co.uk/mc/68/31/toyota-hilux-hardtops?specs=12,5419 the decent looking ones start at £1771.21 and go up to £2130.48.

Would you consider all of these to be "Top of the range" or just the ones over £2k?

Also, does anyone offer discounts on Truckman tops? Haven't found anywhere so far.

I doubt you will get a discount off a top, there is tiddly squat margin in them for dealers, and whilst they keep them in stock, some colours have to be ordered in advance. I have one on order now, the ETA is 23 November. Check with Truckman direct over the weatherproofing. The ones I have seen have a big bulky seal but you need to make sure it's right for you, I'm not sure any of them can be described as "waterproof"