Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

windscreen demister

georgiamcphee111@gmail.com

Hi guys, I'm just new to this site, and already need help.

Im having problems demisting my windscreen on my Corolla 1.8Sport VVTi. Clears fine on passenger side, and blows hot air, with just the wndscreen button on, but blows slightly warm air on drivers side and doesnt demist unless the air con button is on too but still blows slightly warmish air.

Has anyone else had the same problem, that can maybe help?????? please.

Hello Georgia - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Using upper case when posting is the equivalent of shouting - shouting removed.

• Like 1

Thank you so much I was totally unaware of that.  Ooops

I'm not familiar with your particular car but since you've had no replies I'll offer my thoughts.

You mention a "windscreen button", which suggests you have climate control, rather than traditional heater knobs.  On the Avensis of similar age the climate control works by electric actuators opening and closing 'flaps' to control air flow to various vents (including windscreen), and with dual zone temperature control I believe it's also electric actuators which allow the correct amount of hot water into the system to supply heat.  I reckon one (or more) of these actuators aren't doing their job.

What happens to the airflow at the other vents on the drivers side when you have the windscreen button pressed?  Compare it with the passenger side.  There should be no airflow to feet or centre face vents, but IIRC the vents at the outer edge of the dashboard should blow.  If air is blowing out of vents that it shouldn't, then my money is on one of the actuator flaps, or it's operating mechanism.

I would suggest changing the pollen filter as that helped on a previous Corolla that had similar issues, it's located behind the glove box, very easy and cheap first port of call.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links