Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Toyota yaris alternator removal help

Keepherlit

Hi folks

So I have a Toyota yaris sol 2002, 1 litre, no air con. Trying to remove my denso 27060 0J010 alternator, have actually removed it from the mount very easy, belt off all bolts removed without hastle. Now I'm just trying to get it out of the engine. I have tried lifting it up, it gets jammed against the air intake manifold, against the brake fluid container and steel brake cables coming off it. And finally the oil pressure sensor. Which I removed but to no avail it wouldn't come out. I then tried going out the bottom. Removed the rear oxygen sensor on the middle exhaust but it gets jammed there also. I think it's the handbrake cable or gear cables that stop me having that bit of room I need.  Just wondering what I should remove. I've heard of people getting it out by finding a particular angle past the exhaust but I'm missing it. Any advice. Need to get bearing replaced and give my girlfriend back her car. 

The picture below is of the alternator as I'm trying to get it out the top 

IMG_20161025_082505449_HDR.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links