Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multimedia System - No Setup Button

Ken453

I am trying to update the satnav map using the facility provided on www.toyota.co.uk

It is asking me for the software version.

The help page here:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore/2d7de30d-4dec-479d-be62-6b7879725bbf

….refers to a setup button.

The problem is that my multimedia system does not have a setup button.

The reference on the multimedia system is WMA MP3 TN5 510

My Avensis is very old - 1990

I have emailed Toyota 4 times and they have not replied

Does anyone have any clues on how I could find out the software version? Many thanks

If your car is a 1990 & it has a TNS510 it has obviously been fitted as a replacement at a later date. Unfortunately your link doesn't work for me so I am guessing that you are using a page that doesn't relate to a TNS510 (probably Touch or Touch2?).

Irc the TNS510 uses an SD card

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index

You do realise that upgrading the map is going to cost you over £100 (legitimate copy, I am sure that counterfeits exist cheaper) & it will still be using data at least 1 year old?

There are a few reasons why Toyota are not helping. 

First the Avensis did not exist before 1997 - 7 years after the date quoted by the OP. Next the TNS510 must have been retrofitted, since that model was never available on the first generation Avensis. Toyota would probably not get involved with your setup, but may let you buy the update at your own risk.

Personally, if I was changing the stereo of my car, it would something other than a TNS510. As mentioned by Scott, the sat-nav is always out of date and expensive to update. 

Maybe a photograph of the car and dashboard showing the TNS510. 

Sorry for being thick. Just checked the registration doc and the car was first registered in 2010.

Anyway your comments have been very helpful (although disappointing).

it seems that when the sat-nav is so old that when it becomes too unreliable we may as well get one we can stick on the windscreen.

Thank you

• Like 1

Now it makes Kenneth.You have the T27 with Nav. 

I have the standard audio and use my Nokia phone as sat-nav when I need it. The best thing about the Nokia is the free updates, can be used with or without data and traffic management, and works seamlessly via the bluetooth. That is why I don't miss not having the nav audio system. This goes for iPhone and Android phones too. Add the ease of inputting destinations.   

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links