Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lighting in the boot/bumper protector

Samlou9

Hi, just wondered if anyone can recommend what I could buy to fix into my avensis estate boot for extra lighting. Or do Toyota offer any accessories?

I've got a large dog cage in the boot which blocks the lights from the rear passenger seats and the light in the boot is useless (had the same set up in an Astra and could see fine from the light in boot) I can't see to get the dogs in and out and don't want to be messing about with a torch so looking for suggestions.

Also any recommendations for a cheaper alternative for a metal bumper protector just to stop the dogs scratching the bumper when they jump in or is it best to get a Toyota one.

better lighting in  the boot is something that I have been meaning to address - possibly an upgraded bulb or adding a 2nd light fitting on the other side.

as for a rear bumper protection plate try eBay & Amazon e.g. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-AVENSIS-III-ESTATE-since-2009-Rear-Bumper-Protector-Profiled-Sill-Guard-S-/141808515068 or black plastic www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Avensis-estate-2012-Rear-Bumper-Protector-made-from-ABS-/301705726805?

I've fitted LED strip lights in my boot (and for footwell lighting) . 

If you're handy with a soldering iron and prepared to dismantle the interior trim they will solve the problem. I was able to install these strips using cable ties on either side of the boot under over-hanging mouldings so that they cannot be seen. Daisy-chaining into the existing wiring couldn't have been simpler. 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262453353235

• Like 1

To protect the bumper on my estate while the dog is jumping in and out, I have a piece of thin matting that's slightly smaller width than the boot and a bit longer in length. It's layed out in the boot and folded over a couple of times, when the boot is closed. When the dog is jumping in or out, I simply unfold it and let it droop over the bumper. Works fine for me, no scratches, cheep solution and no bother. 

Thanks will try an LED light and see how that goes. The car store near me have ordered me one but he also said some cars are designed now so interior LED lights do not work in them. So will just have to try it and see.

Definitely want a bumper protector the mat is a good idea but wouldn't work for me, too many dogs getting put in and out & often rushing 😊 checked out the rearguards website but they don't seem to have anything to fit. There are plenty on eBay just not sure on the quality or fit.

tbh I don't think that the aperture changed on the 2012 facelift from the 2009 original

fairly sure that somebody else used one of these www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Avensis-estate-2012-Rear-Bumper-Protector-made-from-ABS-/301705726805? & was happy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links