Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connecting phone to stereo options

SarahW

Has anyone had a successful way of attaching an android phone to their in car Toyota stereo, to enable music to be played on the phone via the stereo please?  Have contacted the dealer who says that Toyota have not made something that will do that currently.

Thanks in advance

Would be a help to know what year Rav4 you have and which head unit - usually the model number is on the front of the head unit.

Could look at something like Xcarlink _

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=xcarlink&tag=mh0a9-21&index=electronics&hvadid=2978629204&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_22mnoyl3r8_e

1 hour ago, SarahW said:

Has anyone had a successful way of attaching an android phone to their in car Toyota stereo, to enable music to be played on the phone via the stereo please?  Have contacted the dealer who says that Toyota have not made something that will do that currently.

Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, SarahW said:

Sorry should have said it is for an Auris 2010 model.

Thanks for the link - will investigate.

What audio unit is fitted to your car? There are so many options and it depends on whether the car has bluetooth or not, and if the bluetooth is voice only (telephone calls) or supports music playback (A2DP). The first clue to if the car has bluetooth is the telephone buttons on the steering wheel. Toyota's method of pairing phones to the cars Bluetooth is long winded. Hopefully you have the manual for your car.

If your car does not have Bluetooth or support music playback, then Mikes links to adaptors are the next option.

My Avensis has Bluetooth for voice only, but not music playback support, so i bought a Bluetooth/micro SD/USB/AUX adaptor that plugged into the rear of my audio unit:-

Since I bought my unit over a year ago the price has fallen to under £50. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Stereo-Bluetooth-handsfree-A2DP-CD-changer-adapter-Toyota-Auris-2006-2012-/121645295891?hash=item1c529fe913:g:hXQAAOSwa39UuQ9B

The system works through the steering audio controls, which is great. read my link above.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links