Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cut out problem

BikerBudgie

Hi All, hopefully someone can help me. I have a 57 plate D4D Xt3 2.2 apron 100k miles

I just got back from a weekend away ( Birmingham to Blackpool) and my Rav had a mysterious problem. On the way there on Friday we stopped off halfway through the run at the services, when we returned to the car (aprox 30 mins) I started the engine and sat in the bay reseting satnav etc, the engine cut out. Odd but it restarted fine and we continued our journey with no problems.

Coming back today we stopped again, then drove on through stop/start traffic on the M6 for about a mile. It cuts out again, only this time it doesn't restart despite 3 or 4 attempts, dash flashed up something about low pressure ( I was panicked so can't remember exactly) when I was trying to restart the engine. Recovery took about 45 min's,  when they arrived it started and ran fine.

RAC plugged into diagnostic laptop, no error codes recorded. No smoke, no problem at all and the car ran fine again since, feels completely normal, not down on power etc etc. Oil and coolant all fine

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Could be a blocked fuel filter restricting flow.  Has it been changed recently?

Thanks for your advi e, Nope, only had oil and filters changed since I owned it. Wouldn't that cause it to splutter or be down on power rather than completely drop though?

I will check it out though 

Had a similar problem on a lorry yonks ago and that was caused by a foreign body in the tank. In that case it was a piece of paper floating around that sometimes got sucked up to the filter and blocked the flow

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links