Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 Previa GX

Ray Culver

Hi all,

Need to do some brain picking please :-)

I have just bought a UK Previa GX on a P plate.

This is only going to be used for family (grand kids) and the like.

I have a few questions.

1). It doesn't have the oil header tank next to the washer bottle. Is this correct or has it been removed?

2) I can't find the MAF to clean it. It's not the old type and not attached to the air box!

3) At some time it has had the drivers door and tailgate replaced (Poss accident). Can I get door and boot locks to match the original key?

4) Boot central locking not working. I assume either wiring or motor packed up. Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

5) Believe it or not. No rear fog light switch in dash! Only an after market one that has been wired from Battery! So need a rear fog switch with plug so I can wire it back in properly.

Apart from those bits it drives very well and smooth. It's just been serviced and 11 months MOT. 

I also have a K plate one with an electrical fault. i.e. the central locking 15 amp fuse (dome light etc) blows instantly. Someone had put a 40 amp fuse in it! The Battery fuse box melted (replaced) but rev counter doesn't work and constant electrical whine through door speak when engine is running (radio removed!)

So, I'm thinking possible fusible links melted together? or is it dash out?

Any ideas greatfully received as I am not going to break it (Even though the banger boys keep trying to buy it)

As far as I am concerned. These previa's are the best MPV's out there (Now on number 5)

Cheers

Ray

12 minutes ago, Ray Culver said:

2) I can't find the MAF to clean it. It's not the old type and not attached to the air box!

No need to locate the MAF, just use the stuff recommended on this website. It cleans the whole air intake system, including the MAF.

http://www.mafcleaning.co.uk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links