Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Easy way of fitting headlight bulbs

QuietAssassin87

Hi all,

im sure this has been covered many times but how best is it to change headlight bulbs (low beam) on the T25 Avensis? Mine is a 2006 2.0 D-4D 124bhp saloon version. my DIY past goes as far as replacing a numberplate bulb in my old van so a complete novice and any help would be great. Just want to try doing stuff for myself before asking Mr. Toyota to rip me off first!

Mr. T also used to offer free fitting if you bought the bulbs from them - not sure if they still do though.

Look very complicated so might just get my mechanic to fit them next week while I'm having the brake pads changed! Might just chance the oil/filter change for now!

Thanks lads

it's not complicated - just awkward unless you have small hands. 

For years and years I have bought my replacement bulbs from Halfords and fitted them myself...................until now!  Last week my headlight bulb wenton my 54 plate d4d. Halford's bog-standard H7 bulb cost £9.99, the equivalent bulb from Euro car parts was £2.59. So perhaps they are putting that free fitting into the cost of the bulb after all?

I had a pre facelift avensis 2.2 and the bulbs were a knightmare to change need back to front hands and ultra bendy arms but got it down to 30mins both sides...but as the headlights on the earlier avensis were like candles i got a set of hid lights and job done they were much better....i have now a facelift avensis and i have already changed both headlight bulbs in less than 15 mins so much easier better set up completely halfrauds might not do them as i got told you need to take the full bumper off the car 

The bulbs can be changed easily - just need patience as the connectors are stiff. I can change all bulbs in my Avensis T25 in 20 minutes max.

From time to time I get huge discount emails from a local parts shop - so I just ordered ~15 bulbs of different sizes for 20 gbp and now I have replacements for a few years ahead :)