Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla verso - Vsc light has come on

BlueToyotaman

Went to Portsmouth this weekend in the 1.8 petrol verso and whilst on m3, the Vsc light, traction control off light and engine management light came on.

No loss of power and manual says anti lock brakes. Could this be a sensor or loose connection ( I'd just come off one of those horrible concrete sections of motorway).

Lots on forum about similar things for diesel cars but nothing for petrol.

Any help appreciated.

10 minutes ago, BlueToyotaman said:

Went to Portsmouth this weekend in the 1.8 petrol verso and whilst on m3, the Vsc light, traction control off light and engine management light came on.

No loss of power and manual says anti lock brakes. Could this be a sensor or loose connection ( I'd just come off one of those horrible concrete sections of motorway).

Lots on forum about similar things for diesel cars but nothing for petrol.

Any help appreciated.

This might be a stab in the dark, but when my previous Almera had slightly low brake fluid in the reservoir, the ESP and traction control would switch off for safety reasons.

Worth checking the brake fluid level in case it has a similar system.

On my Corolla Verso this comes on when occasionally there is poor communication of the ECU with one of lambda sensors... normally disappears itself, or sometimes has to be removed via a diagnostic tool. Previous owner replaced it with a cheap aftermarket sensor...

Thanks for the replies. Hoping for a dry day this Saturday to check everything brake related. Had new discs and pads fitted late September so might be a link.

Watch this space.

Last year when i had my 2004 Verso, I was driving along the Autobahn when i had the same 3 warnings on the dashboard. 

Sadly I didn't have my obd wifi dongle and couldn't check to see what codes may have come up.

I did notice that the traction control was not working, but other than that no noticeable symptoms.

After driving carefully for 10 days, the day before I was due to drive home, the lights had gone out. So it was a mystery for me, since I was ready for a new clutch at 120,000+ miles, I sold the car and bought my current car.

I sold the car to a ex mechanic I work with, he knew about the problem before he offered to by the car. The problem hasn't reappeared , the clutch lasted another 12 months.

I hope you have the same luck, or at least it is nothing expensive.

Thanks Anthony.

Let's hope it's not expensive. Is there a DIY way of finding out the codes in the system?

Thanks Anthony.

Let's hope it's not expensive. Is there a DIY way of finding out the codes in the system?

I use a wifi adapter and my phone. You can pick up simple code readers and then google the code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links