Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare wheel

rushy45

Hi, Looking to buy a space saver spare for my 2013 Auris 17" as my car has only the repair stuff which does not look good, looked on eBay some say for hybrid, my car is standard not hybrid, are they the same size wheel for both models or is the hybrid thinner, thanks.

I have 62 plate 2013 1.6 valvematic manual Auris and early this year and bought spare wheel for about £100 from Steven Eagell Toyota at Watford. They were kind enough to fit it in the wheel well for me FOC.

Thanks Ashfaqur, I might look into that because I'm in Watford sometimes. I emailed my local Toyota main dealer about a price for a spare wheel (Platinum Trowbridge) and they didn't even bother to reply. Won't be taking any of my business there, I'm afraid. :huh: 

Did your £100 include the whole thing (jack, cushioning bits for the wheel), or was it just the wheel?

Mine's also a 1.6 valvematic manual, although it's the 2014 estate version (64 reg) which I think is slightly different in the spare wheel department. Does anybody know whether it'll fit?

Have a look at the following thread - 

On the second page Devon Aygo provides the parts numbers for the hatchback and touring sports, and highlights fit issues.

£100 sounds cheap, I have been quoted more + VAT.  Did you just buy the spare wheel or dept box kit?

came with a bag for tools etc, but the neatly fitted it inti the well, no issues. Give them a ring.

Hi countrylad. It came with whatever was needed. Fitted neatly into the wheel well (they fitted it FOC). Hope it helps.

• Like 1

Here is a question relating to the Auris Touring Sport space saver/full size spare wheel. Can the TS spare wheel well accommodate a full size wheel, and is there difference between the petrol/diesel and hybrid versions?

I ask these question, because I currently own a Mk3 Avensis Tourer and manage to obtain a secondhand full size alloy spare wheel, in place of the space saver. It fits perfectly, but the polystyrene tool tray cannot not be used. The tools and jack have been placed in a bag, then placed with the spare wheel. I got the full size wheel after using the space saver, which felt horrible to drive on, adding the speed restriction!  

Comparison between the full size (215/55 17") and spare WP_20160929_001.jpg

The full size in the wheel well and tools in the bag - the tool tray cannot fit, but can still have the under floor storage.P1110392.jpgP1110388.jpg

If and when I change my car and the Auris TS does not have a spare wheel, I will be sorted for that. I checked the part numbers and the Auris spare wheel is the same as the Avensis! 

Konrad, afaik it should take a full size wheel but it may well affect the height of the boot floor. & also iirc the 2nd Gen Auris initially had a variable height floor but that went with the facelift version.

Again iirc the hybrid has/had a different floor height due to the Battery pack - hopefully someone can confirm.

2 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Again iirc the hybrid has/had a different floor height due to the battery pack - hopefully someone can confirm.

As far as I'm aware the first generation Auris hybrid had the Battery beneath the boot floor which raised the height of the boot floor, and the second generation has had the Battery moved to beneath the rear seat, which regained the boot space. Quoted boot space for the second generation is the same for the non-hybrid and hybrid - 337 (hatchback) and 507 (touring sports).