Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How fast did you need to change tyres on Auris

haelewyn

Can anybody tell me how fast the tyres on a HSD AURIS TS were replaced (or other model) ?   Want to know how much it 'eats' the tyres.

Since the steering has a strong electric engine behind it, i assume the tyres will go rather fast altough calm riding will compensate that a lot.

On my car they put the Dunlop 225/45/17..

I've got to 25k and I'm thinking about having to change the fronts. Maybe another 2 or 3k. 16" wheels

Thanks !  I guess you are talking in miles, so in km that would be about 40.000. Add 5000  >>>>  45.000 km

It would be nice to know how many km / miles people do with their tyres, keeping in mind Hybrid drivers are not usually power mode drivers.. 

and keeping in mind the car makes a lot of effort to drive economically.  My tyres are on 25.000 km (16000 miles) and think the front ones are half gone.

Hope you guys keep the numbers coming..

No sorry mate,   Your input was well appreciated   :-)
We just use different numbers here and there...  Small world.

I just changed to winter tyres, and my factory fitted Contineltal Eco ....has done 17.000 km = 10.500 miles. I think only 1 mm. has been used.

I expect to do at least 70-80.000 km ~ 50.000 miles on the tyres.

That are great figures... Just the way i would like them too.
I have the feeling i am turning a lot on my steering wheel while not moving now. More than before ..

Would you be having 17 inch too ?

I checked my tires .. After 26.000 km (16.000 miles), still have 5 mm in the front and 6 mm in the back.

How long is a piece of string? (A common english expression.) 

This forum has posts from one driver complaining that his sporty, grippy tyres (can't recall the specific model) were lasting him less than 10,000 miles on the front (and yes he was usually driving in Power Mode). 

On the other hand another reported that his original factory-fitted Dunlops had covered 30,000 miles and would get beyond 35,000. The same tyres on mine have only just done 10,000 miles and depressingly look almost new. This is depressing for me as I think they are unnecessarily noisy tyres, fine otherwise (so far). I'd like to change them for something quieter, no less fuel efficient, and no worse on other performance indicators. Michelin Crossclimates would seem to satisfy my requirements, but it seems like a lot of money for a bit of noise-reduction. If there is any indication of other benefit to me (and my driving - rarely seeing any snow), I will splash the cash - I just need a little more incentive!  

Hi , how long the tyres will last all depends on the driver's style and tyres make and model, also some cars tend to wear their tyres faster than others. For a midd sized cars like an Auris if you looking for a fuel efficiency and comfort there are Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance tyres that are really good, quiet and with a good grip, also they have very soft side walls and make the car feel like you are driving a Mercedes:) so far they seems to wear ok so hopefully they will last 30-40k miles at least. 

It's the same with consumption of fuel i guess.
One uses a lot .. an other one uses a lot less.
Some people drive Sport mode all their lives, using gas and brake pedal a lot.
I am more the careful driver where the garage asks after 80-100.000 km if i ever do use my brakes somewhere as they seem to last for ever.

Still think it is nice to see websites like we have here that compare people's consumption of fuel. That way i know that I will not be able to do better than 4.2 liter /100 km (best result there), I will have to do a real good job to stay under 5 liters / 100 and i am not doing a great job or using my car in a demanding way if i use 6 or more.

The tyres : Just like beekeeper, i was thinking the original Dunlop were not that silent and that it could be better with other tyres. I was, just like Beekeeper, thinking about getting more silent ones without giving in on other things like fuel consumption and behavior on wet roads or lifetime expectancy. 
Also thought that it is not worth it to me to change the tyres before they are used to a 2-3 mm limit.
As they are loud already, i am thinking i will not change them back > front..   Have seen it to make more noise one time, even doing it the right way and having it done by professionals.

Have driven a Fiat before that seemed to 'eat' tyres.. Even after aligning the car, the alignment was quickly messed up and could not be adjusted completely (Fiat Stilo).
So, it's not always the driver but sometimes the car that is to blame.

I think when the moment comes i need to replace mine, i will check the factory quotes for all these things (but i think that is not checked so they can lie all they want) and read about other users' experiences with certain brands and types.
Had Michelin before but they were always rather hard in general, but lasting very long.
Goodyear : had them on my Corolla : really good tyre (general remark) with good handling.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links