Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris cutting out at idle

Kaylalee

Hi really hope someone can help. 

I have a auris 2.2 diesel 58 plate 180 SR and it's driving me round the bend!!

ive had it at several garages and had numerous diagonostic test done and no fault ever come up but... 

It keeps cutting out when idle sometimes it won't start again until I've removed the key and then put it back in. There's a loss of power when accelerating and can be occasionally jumpy when the power kicks back in. 

Its not a DPF system failure (this had had been sorted) and it's not an EGR failure as I've just had a new one fitted which solved the problem for all of 2 days. It's not a case of wether the car is hot or cold either cos it happens all the time!

I have bought countless 'cleaning products' for the engine and fuel system as I've said before I've had numerous tests done on it and no faults ever show up, had countless garages look at it even Toyota and no one can tell me what's wrong with it, I absolutely love this car but it's beginning to be a bit embarrassing when it's cutting out and loosing power at traffic lights and junctions!! 

First thought would be fuel filter, but I'm sure someone on your list would've checked this?

Looking at your symptoms it it quite possible the SCV valve on the diesel pump is sticking which can cause all of your symptoms, there is a modified valve available part number 04226-0L030 which can be fitted on its own but to gain the full benefit of the upgraded valve fitting should include a software update to the engine ECU aswell.

If it's had a new dpf and egr then you could be looking at fuel filter, scv, fuel pump, injectors a whole number of things. I would change the fuel filter to start and see, then the scv as there is an updated version. 

Just replaced the fuel filter myself and it appeared to be running fine then it juddered at the lights but it didn't cut out. Will see how it runs over the next couple of days was wondering if any of you on here know if the Scv valve can be cleaned rather than replaced as Toyota came back with £332 just for the part so close to x mas that's not gonna cut it lol.

thanks for all your help so far