Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P1340 Igniter Circuit Fault 8#

frenshy

Hi all

Hoping someone can help with this problem, it driving me nuts.

Yaris 1.0 vvti 2004 French engine

Recently bought this car with noisy/rattly timing chain. I have paid a local mechanic to fit the timing chain kit.

On return the car ran for a few miles and then engine management light came on. The mechanic came and put his "pro" diags machine on - he got the " P1340 Igniter Circuit Fault 8# ", and he reset it saying it was a "glitch".

However a few miles and the light came back on.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt I researched online and found a few things it could be incl Coil Pack (no:4 was suggested as this relates possibly to the 8# ?) - I changed it.

I have basic diags sware (delphi) on a laptop, so used that to check (reading P1340 but no further info on my system) - I deleted the code. - few miles later light on again.

Next up I found strong suggestions online it could be Camshaft Positioning sensor - I changed it.

Again reset using my sware and again after a few miles the light is back on.

Im now reading suggestions it could be the camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor not being in "sync" ?? or simply a case of a bad install by the mechanic meaning the chain is not fitted correctly? I would have thought it wouldnt run correctly or would damage valves or something if the chain was not aligned correct??

The car seems to be starting and running fine, and no funny noises. Just cant keep this code away.

Could it be that the mechanic has simply not lined something up properly?

Any info much appreciated.

Jim

• 2 years later...
On 11/12/2016 at 12:44 PM, frenshy said:

Hi

Having the same problem. Have you already resolved it?

Thanks.

Moved to the Yaris club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links