Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smart Entry & Start confusion

kancur

Hi, I just bought an used Auris Hybrid 2013 from germany.

The Smart entry & start system really confuses me. The smart start works as expected. But the car seems to lack the smart entry part. Is it OK? Are there such cars that have just the smart start without smart entry?

The key is TYPE C smart key according to manual. There is a setting in the car menu where I can turn on and off the "Smart entry and start system". But the handles on the car doesn't seem to have any sensors on them. 

I'm just really confused if this car has the smart entry, or doesn't. Can someone shed some more light on this for me? :)

Thank you

Hi there,

We have a Yaris that is a 2013, which is like that no smart entry but smart start. Took a while to get used to it as the other car has full smart entry and start.

our 13 plate Auris Hybrid has the keyless start but not the keyless entry

if your car has keyless entry there is normally some form of dimple in the door handle

where you have to touch to lock the door,

I have it in my Auris 2014, the smart entry and start ...  
You can also see it is there for other reasons :   When you approach the car, the interior lights go on.
You can open your trunk with a big button under the handle when you just stand behind it, car locked, keys in your pocket.
You can lock the trunk with the small key next to it.  Are these buttons there ? 

The sensor on the door is recognisable in my car cause it is in the shape of 2 or 3 horizontal lines on the door handle , front side of the car. The sensor is behind it.

Please note that there is a different option list / specs on cars depending on the country where they were sold.

Like mine has no alarm and it was the top level of luxury in my country.

Think you really need to check what the spec is for cars sold in Germany. A Toyota dealer should be able to confirm whether or not your car has smart entry, but will need the VIN to do this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links