Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordering a New Battery Warning

mrbluesky

I recently changed my Battery on my 08 RAV and decided to fit it myself I went for a VARTA manufacturer purchasing it online, from Battery Megastore. They asked me for details of my Battery was it left hand side positive or right with my chest in front? I confirmed it definitely was on my left hand side and they queried it but I was adamant it was, there was no doubt in my mind. The battery arrived when I went to fit it I noticed the straps to the terminals did not match up even though the Positive was on my left, I tried turning the battery 180 degrees and of course the negative was now on the left. It transpired that on the RAV the battery should be a right hand positive because the battery has to be spun 180 degrees, this issue has cost me a lot of time and money on delivery charges. I did look on line at fitting the battery but obviously did not see any comments on this so hope this information helps someone in future?

As you can see from these 2 threads there has been confusion before. Someone did once on here attach the Battery the wrong way round.