Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Questions about my new car

Nojoble

Hi,

I have a 2014 Auris Hybrid Icon Tourer Sports. We are very pleased with it so far, but I have a few questions. 

Cruise Control

I would really like cruise control and I've noticed a thread on here about how to install it oneself, which I am sure I could manage. My question is - would this jeopardise the warranty?

Spare wheel

We would also really like a spare wheel instead of a puncture kit. Ideally, i'd like a full size wheel. I don't seem to be able to get a straight answer out of the dealer as to whether a full size wheel fits and whether a full size or a space saver distorts the evenness of the boot. I'd rather not have a lump in the middle of the boot. Also, presumably a full size wheel must fit in the well in order to transport it to a garage after a puncture, so why won't it fit in there permanently? Again, the dealer is vague about this. 

Touch and Go

We don't have sat nav installed and i'm not ready to pay hundreds of pounds for it. I would like to be able to have my phone connected to the bluetooth to accept calls, but to be able to listen to the radio and have Google maps giving me route updates on my phone. Does anybody have any advice on this? Is there a way of installing 3rd party sat nav on the touch and go? Or ensuring that notifications from the phone are heard, even when listening to the radio? 

Thank you very much for your help. Apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place. 

Joe

Edited by Nojoble

As regards the cruise control, the only effect on the new car warranty should be that the warranty won't cover the installation and parts used for the cruise control.

With reference to the spare wheel well, the notion that the spare wheel well will take one of the full size wheels if a puncture occurs isn't necessarily accurate. This applies to other cars and other manufacturers. Might be useful to know what size wheels/tyres one has.

As regards the phone, it may help to know what phone one has, and what operating system (Android, iOS or Windows). For example Google maps works on both Android and Windows.

• Like 1

I am not sure about the Auris Touring Sport Hybrid, but with my Avensis Tourer, I now have a full size alloy spare wheel (215/55x17) in my car. The only change I had to make way not use the polystyrene tool storage tray. All the tools are now in a bag with the spare wheel. I still have the underfloor storage trays above the spare wheel.

P1110392.jpg

The only way to find out, is to take one of your wheels off, and see if it fits.

You are the reverse of another poster in the Hyrbid Prius forum who wants to swap the space saver for a puncture repair kit!   

Get some prices and look on the internet.

Some staff can be helpful whilst other don't have a clue. Depends who you meet.

this is all you need for the cruise control and 15 minutes of time

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-8463234011-CRUISE-CONTROL-STALK-SWITCH-YARIS-RAV4-LANDCRUISER-PRIUS-AURIS-/262551655239?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota&hash=item3d214c5347:g:iE0AAOSwARZXmwvZ

with regards to sat nav it can be retro fitted as we have done this ,i managed to find a GT86 that had the same sat nav unit it cost me £150 for the unit + £10 for the antenna

at that price i didn't mind paying for it aven though it will only be used infrequently.

Thanks everyone. 

I have ordered the cruise control. 

As for my phone, it's a Sony Xperia Z3 compact. 

Thanks again

Joe

On 22/11/2016 at 2:00 PM, Nojoble said:

We don't have sat nav installed and i'm not ready to pay hundreds of pounds for it. I would like to be able to have my phone connected to the bluetooth to accept calls, but to be able to listen to the radio and have Google maps giving me route updates on my phone.

Have you tried? If so what was your issue(s)? & can you confirm whether Touch or Touch 2?

1 hour ago, Nojoble said:

Thanks everyone. 

I have ordered the cruise control. 

Thanks again

Joe

Tell us how it goes installing the cruise control. I have a 2014 Auris Icon Hybrid and I'm having issues removing the steering wheel airbag.  Definitely NOT a 15 minute job for me.

On 11/23/2016 at 2:38 PM, Nojoble said:

Which is Android, and should be upgradeable as far as Android 6 ("Marshmallow"). 

Android 5 ("Lolipop") is all that is necessary to run Android Auto on your phone. AA is free from the Play Store. 

Unfortunately, Toyota aren't offering us an Android Auto touchscreen, but Google now have it running on the standalone phone

Invest in a mount for your phone that really really really works well for you. 

My car has Touch & Go (not 2) navigation. Google Maps is much better. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links