Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking!

leebass

Hello again everyone,

Had my Aygo about 6 weeks and there's been a new problem - the passenger side rear seat floor is completely soaked after a huge downpour last night! Is this common and if so, is there anything I can do or have done?

Thank you,

Lee

The first generation Aygo could suffer from water leaks from a variety of sources, including the rear light clusters, the high level rear brake light, vents behind the rear bumper,etc.

Is the boot/spare wheel well wet?

If you do a search on the Aygo forum, there are a few threads on there which highlight fixes - usually using sealant.

Example - 

if you have the 5 door version then it may also be the door seal or the waterproof membrane behind the door panel

as frosty has said but also the rubber stops for the tailgate

The rain last week and on the weekend had left me with wet floors in the front, mostly on the left/passenger side, infact I also saw a 'gloop'/gulp happen so I know it came in through the door seal... Rear seems ok, and I've not checked my boot :-s

How much do new door seals cost?

Is there budget option? I know on some cars you can peel the door seal of and thread some cheap rubber hose into it where it's leaking...

that is an option to thread a rubber tube throught the door seal or another option would be

to move the striker plate in a touch so the door pulls in a little more.

the cheaper option would be to buy from citroen / peugeot