Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 X-Touch Bluetooth connect/re-connect (UK)

steford

I use some automation software (Macrodroid) on my phone to switch on bluetooth when it detects I'm driving. This works fine. It seems though that the X-Touch will only connect to a phone when it starts and not 5 minutes into a journey. It also won't re-connect should I connect manually then switch bluetooth off then on again. I had no problem with this on my 2013 Yaris with Touch & Go. I've spoke to Toyota CS and they say it only connects when switched on - making it next to useless in my opinion.

Does anyone have similar issues or a workaround for this?

Thanks.

Some times I forget to switch my Lumia's 735 (Windows Phone) Bluetooth on before starting my Aygo's (2016 X-Play Touch) engine and then I always have to go through the process manually. This means I click on the phone icon on the top row of the touch screen, then select Connect with my phone (both options - I have issues when selecting only one of them, voice and music, if I recall well) and it connects in a couple of minutes. I hope this works for you, too.

When this doesn't work, I reboot the Aygo's system (by depressing the volume button for a couple of seconds) and after it restarts it automatically connects to my Lumia.

As far as I understand, devices stop searching for new bluetooth connections after a couple of minutes, as a power saving option.

Thanks. It's not just me then. I have to say that I thought the 2013 Yaris's Touch & Go had its issues and it seems that Toyota have not significantly improved anything with the X-Touch. It seems that the engineers are way behind modern trends in phone usage. 

1 hour ago, steford said:

Thanks. It's not just me then. I have to say that I thought the 2013 Yaris's Touch & Go had its issues and it seems that Toyota have not significantly improved anything with the X-Touch. It seems that the engineers are way behind modern trends in phone usage. 

The Aygo/C1/108 are products of the Joint Venture between Toyota and PSA (Peugeot/Citroen), and are built by the Joint Venture, Toyota Peugeot Citroen Automobile Czech, rather than either Toyota or PSA. 

Both car companies would have had input into the design. As part of the sharing of development costs, design, etc all three vehicles use the same multimedia system, rather than one of the more sophisticated units offered by Toyota and PSA in their higher level models. Using their individual higher level multimedia systems would undoubtedly raise costs - both for the two companies and the consumer. 

Basically the multimedia is suitable for what is, after all, a low cost entry level car for both manufacturers.

Iirc the head unit in the Aygo is a Pioneer whereas in most other Toyotas it appears to be Harman - this suggests to me that PSA possibly are the lead partners for that side of the design. 

Pretty much all cars are behind modern phone usage as the design & production lives are so much longer than for phones (the design of a car typically takes about 3 years - which is longer than the design & production lives of most phones).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links