Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yarisboy

Just been asked to remove my avatar, as this is a 'family forum'........ :unsure:

Anyway out of interest, was there anybody at all who found my avatar unsuitable/offensive?

For those who didn't see, it was a photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger during his California election campaign - pointing his massive finger and proclaiming 'SHUT THE ****** UP' to all his competitors...

Anyway, if my avatar is really that unsuitable... what about the ASCII drawing of a naked woman yesterday? I didn't see that removed...

Or the thread where SuperRetard had a - what I would deem very offensive avatar that was discriminating against disabled folk, that thread wasn't closed...

I could go on but I won't, I just don't really think this is a family forum at all - there are no kids who come here, family's don't sit down to read it together as far as I know... it's a forum where the user base is predominantly adult males!

If anything I thought that my avatar was highly comical, and I even went to the trouble of re-arranging the 'UC' in the word via photoshop :P

So, look forward to hearing your views :)

I can see your point but we strive to maintain a certain standard on the forums.

We want existing and future members to see the site in a positive way, people don't need to be offended on a car forum and many of the avatars which offend aren't related to the cars anyway.

Lets not forget that Toyota GB regularly visit our site and we want to maintain our good relationship with them by keeping the forums clean.

Also our sponsors & Gold discount subscribers visit us and the same reasoning applies.

If you were a business looking to advertise on the site would you want to see something that may affend some of your potential customers?

On the subject of other people having offensive avatars if anyone spots something they think breaks the rules or offends them or others feel free to bring it the attention of a moderator, you can find the mod team by clicking the link below:

The moderating team

gotta say yaris whilst kids dont actually come on here by themselvse, they are around an dusually looking over ur shouldre, well mine neway, an i know a few others on here whose kids do that.

Didnt really offend me, but u've gotta keep it clean overall!!!

i liked that avatar btw, just edit it and have it back again ;)

-Z

ok, my point was that the forums aren't always regulated on the same levels and same criteria

that is, the content of certain threads are not scrutinized with anything like as much depth as someone with a naughty word in their avatar..

I fully understand that TOC is operating as a business, but if you're going to ban certain avatars then why not ban jim's love life threads, or anything of such resemblance?

I'm not here to argue it's just a point I felt worth putting forth :)

ok, my point was that the forums aren't always regulated on the same levels and same criteria

It's a good point & some threads do slip through the net but perhaps we're talking 'offensive' in terms of blatant swearing & unacceptable images etc.

I think Jim's post for example is just a bit of fun, can't see anyone being offended by him discussuing his private life.

Again if anyone see's something which they feel requires a Mod's attention get in touch or create a post for their attention, the first one around will deal with it.

We're just trying to strike a balance really! :)

I'm not here to argue it's just a point I felt worth putting forth :)

I get where you're coming from. :thumbsup:

some threads do slip through the net

Exactly what I was going to say ..

I don't see quite a few of the dodgy threads, cause I don't frequent all the forums (I've not got THAT amount of time on my hands) ..

But anything I notice in my general surfing I will flag up with people ..

Again if anyone see's something which they feel requires a Mod's attention get in touch or create a post for their attention, the first one around will deal with it.

Defo :thumbsup: that's the reason we are here ..

bouncematt.gif

that avator should be deemed unsuitabel if this is a family forum.

In fact, there are loads on here that are unsuitable for children

I didnt see the avator of yaris boy, but i dont think from the description it sounded that bad

I hope there's nothing wrong with a nice fresh chocolate starfish?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear, any hot-dog flavoured water available?! :eek:

the problem with unsuitable avatars as opposed to threads is that avatars apear on every post you make. wher someone may not look at a post they deem unsuitable for family members who may be looking they may look at another thread and see an avatar that may lead to awkward questions, offence etc.

if a mod asks you to change something it isnt just because they think its not appropriate they will ask all the other mods for their opinion first. so hey lets all chill, this is a :group-cuddles: zone

as as been said if you notice somthing your unsure of on the forums then feel free to pm a mod for advice

lee

nooooo - Matthews_McNallies is FINE!

I like that :D - Besides hes boss....

i agree tho, i cant see any children coming on here, and even if they did its thier fault mahahahaha.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links