Co. Car Dilema

dave5282

Which company car shoudl I opt for, and why  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which company car shoudl I opt for, and why

• Corsa 1.3CDTI-very efficient but a bit slow
    • Corsa 1.4SRI-not as efficient but a bit nippy

Hi Guys,

Got a new job, and the Co. cars for my level are mid-range corsas, I have indeed slated them in the past, but hey, now I'm not paying its my first company car.

I have narrowed the list down to the above, but I dont know which to go for.

Efficiency or performance, any one who has any knowledge about these engines or cars or anyone with and opinion please help

PS, If I sell the rolla, the money is going to the Mr2 pot, for a year or so time!!

Cheers

get the 1.4 sri and have a spot of fun - it's just as nippy as the tsport yaris (even though this will be highly contended shortly!)

then get saving for that lovely mr2 - back of the net! :D

Yeah, Im learning to your way of thinking sam, dont know about the other half though, I think she wants economy to save the pennies, ohhh I just dont know,

Saving for the mr2, I am actually looking forward to 'saving' for it

life's too short not to dave,

the corsa is hardly a great car, but at least it'll be some fun with the 1.4

just imagine waking up every morning and walking outside to your diesel corsa.... *cringe*

Also, what do tiny cars & diesel engines say about their drivers? Anally retentive bar stewards! :D

Just look at it as a means to an end - the MR2 is already on it's way, and every day it'll get closer!

1.4 SRi I say :)

There is only about 15 quid a year in it!! so the tax aspect doesnt bother me

Get the sri :thumbsup:

think it comes with a 6speed also so that would be fun :lol::lol:

I dont see anything wrong with the new vauxhalls :D I drove a new astravan for 2 years 2.0 TDI and I still think it was one of the most reliable cars I have ever driven :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm thinking Sri, you get a bag load of toys too.

but 74.3 mpg out of a diesel

dave, just visualise which one you'd rather get into and drive each morning!

and if i'm not mistaken, you're still fairly young yes? :P

if it was a choice between a VAG diesel and VAG petrol for example, i'd be more inclined towards a diesel due to the fun factor... but vauxhalls 'performance diesels' aren't anything like as powerful :(

SRI!!!!

:) :lol:

get the CDTI for fuel costs and get something like a supra for weekend fun :D

he's getting an MR2 eventually sera_beetle... but he's got to save for it first, hence getting an SRi will soften the wait! :D

Dave - Time to change jobs matey :lol: if what they are offering you are Corsa's.....

diesel then.

look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves :D

mr2 (nicey done :thumbsup:)

corsa's are slow as sh*t anyway get the biggest engine you can

Im chasing my tail at the mo, and getting no-where.

is SRI to burberry, is the diesel to grandad!

im inclined to think, hey my current car costs a fortune, if im not paying for it I should have some fun. but I just dont know, what if the 1.4 is a thirsty beast,

anyway try this for a thought,

My new drive to work will be 6.00 in the morn, along 50miles of B road, some of the twistiest roads cumbria has to offer, oh and corny fell, part time road, full time road rally/racing stage. I just dont know.

(wheres fidgets at, he knows the roads)

:mellow::huh::eek:

SRi..........definitely.

If you're forced to drive a corsa then you might as well get the one with the most Grin Factor.

Fuel costs .....not really the issue.

Rich

As you probably know i worked for Vauxhall in the purchasing department last year.

The 1.4 Sri does 0-60 in 10.5 seconds, so its not bad. The 1.8SRi is much quicker, but obviously , thats not on your list.

The CDti engines are joint ventures with Fiat Auto. GM and Fiat have a purchasing joint venture, (Gm -FIAT WorldWide Purchasing), so the engines are ok, but as of yet, not fully tested as they have not been out that long. I sourced the 1.3 pistons, so beware, it may pack up.

The new Vauxhall "TwinPort" engines are pretty good.

Not sure how long you can wait, but the new Tigra is coming out, with a 1.6 Turbo unit in it. This will also be used in the corsa, the new burberry wagon

well if the diesel's anything like my driving instructor's car (clio 1.5 dci) steer clear. apparently it makes 65 horses - i presume they are retired then, as after getting used to my car, and getting in that the other day, it genuinely felt as if the accelarator was not connected over the 1st quarter of its travel! then when you do boot it (which i feel like im doing all the time) nothing happens. ok, it saves you money, but so does eating cardboard - i wouldnt relish the thought of that either.

ok, it saves you money, but so does eating cardboard - i wouldnt relish the thought of that either.

Cardboard tastes great with a bit of relish on it ??????? :D

Rich

Also, what do tiny cars & diesel engines say about their drivers? Anally retentive bar stewards!

Ooooh! Now I'm offended! :o :crybaby:

Bad luck on the car choice btw... I hope that you get promoted soon!

A

Also, what do tiny cars & diesel engines say about their drivers? Anally retentive bar stewards!

Ooooh! Now I'm offended! :o :crybaby:

Bad luck on the car choice btw... I hope that you get promoted soon!

A

To be honest, I'm just chuffed I'm getting a car, was expecting just a small allowance, its gonna save me money on servicing, insurance etc ( the down side of being young :yes: )