Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota IQ 2010 Keyless Remote Replacement

DreaBianco

Hi,

I bought a Toyota IQ 2010 Japanese Import and was only given one smart entry remote. After checking with the local Toyota Agent I found that a replacement would cost around €305 (I live in Malta). After talking with my dealer he gave me another remote that had belonged to another IQ, but had never been claimed by its owner.

Is there any way I could program this remote even though it probably has the code of another IQ?  

Cheers,

Andrea Bianco

These can only be programed using diagnostic equipment but I don't think it takes too long so it shouldn't cost that much!

Cheers for the reply. Hopefully I'd be able to settle this and finally stop worrying about not having a spare key.

Takes about 10 minutes but you may get quoted 1 hour, which seems to be the norm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I purchased the IQ with a single command radio.
Immediately I went into Toyota to buy the radio control to 315 (15 to program 10 minuts). After a few days calling me the old owner told me that he found the command radio.
I called Toyota asking if I could clear the new command will radios and sell it, they told me no.
Now I do not know if your radio control as it belonged to another IQ you can reprogram.
I think you can do but to be safe you do not do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links