Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid & Blackvue DR650S-2CH

Eejit

I will soon be taking delivery of a new Auris Hybrid TS and will be fitting a Blackvue DR650S-2CH Dashcam. (I can't wait :-)  )

However, I'm a little concerned with the 12v Battery. I will be fitting a Power Magic Pro.

Has anyone else fitted this in a hybrid and if so, what settings on the PM Pro do you use?

Got one fitted to my present car and had it on the previous one, both hybrids. Just set the voltage to cut off at the level you feel OK with. I tried both settings and the only difference it made was that the camera switched off after a couple of hours. Never had any trouble with flat batteries.

On 12/3/2016 at 10:37 AM, Eejit said:

I will soon be taking delivery of a new Auris Hybrid TS and will be fitting a Blackvue DR650S-2CH dashcam. (I can't wait :-)  )

However, I'm a little concerned with the 12v battery. I will be fitting a Power Magic Pro.

Has anyone else fitted this in a hybrid and if so, what settings on the PM Pro do you use?

Will be interesting to see how you get on. As I understand it the power magic device will not allow your 12v Battery to go below the set voltage.

I fitted a Nextbase cam to my Auris TS but it interfered badly with the DAB reception and caused the tpms light to come so I have had to take it out.

I'm not sure what voltage cut-off to set on the PM Pro yet. I've heard about DAB reception interference and will run the coax cable away from the aerial cable if I can work out which way it's run. Also I may fit a ferrite core to the rear camera to assist with the DAB if the camera causes issues.

Taken delivery today and very impressed.

However, The TSS panel is larger than I expected. I'm struggling to determine where the best position for the camera will be.

Has anyone else mounted one and if so where?

Fitted on different car, but in both cases it sat almost behind the mirror where there is no black dots.

On 09/12/2016 at 3:37 PM, Eejit said:

Taken delivery today and very impressed.

However, The TSS panel is larger than I expected. I'm struggling to determine where the best position for the camera will be.

Has anyone else mounted one and if so where?

I got it mounted directly underneath the TSS panel, it seems to work fine and gives a good picture 

On 12/11/2016 at 0:09 PM, ic2 said:

I got it mounted directly underneath the TSS panel, it seems to work fine and gives a good picture 

I thought of that but it was too distracting being so low down and the manual suggests nothing should be mounted below it.

In the end I've mounted it to the left of the TSS and below the other sensor. works great. All the wires are in either the head liner or weather strip, away from air bags.

The cable to the rear camera is threaded through the weather conduit which was a bit of a chew. Removing the rubber conduit and threading the cable was easy enough, but refitting was a bit of a nightmare. I had to remove the plastic grommet in order to fit the rubber then refit the grommet,

2016-12-16 13.25.49.jpg

2016-12-16 13.26.47.jpg

2016-12-16 13.26.57.jpg

2016-12-16 13.27.40.jpg

TTS.JPG

I had the Blackvue camera (front only) installed by a tech-savvy friend of mine in July and it works fine as a basic "safety camera" with a really sharp picture.

However I want to work out how to use the feature whereby it is on a full-time 4G connection so I can for example monitor it from home if the car was stolen. I would be grateful for any hints or pointers - from what I have seen it seems you have to have some sort of 4g (or 3G) phone permanently in the car.

That is correct, it needs to be permanently connected to Blackvue cloud, and once the car is powered on you can track it, speak to the driver via the app (sound comes from the camera) and watch a live video feed. I have added a wi-fi hotspot in the car as I found that this and the sat-nav were competing for connectivity

regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links