Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation in Auris tail lights. Yet again.

ricklincs45

Auris SR180; 2009.

Hi Everyone,

firstly, apologies; I know this has been covered before, and I've read several of the threads/links on here but could still do with some advice please.

We have the common problem of water in the rear lights; left side worse than right.  A long time ago the car went to Toyota under warranty as the spare wheel well was like a swimming pool - fault diagnosed (and fixed) as a problem with left side back wheel arch vent.

Over the last few months the rear light have been condensating inside and regularly blowing bulbs.  I'd like to replace the seals in the light units, then silicone seal them once done, but... I've been led to understand (though I may have misunderstood) that there is a seal available; however, local Toyota dealer says there isn't (only a full light unit @ nearly 200 quid).

Is anyone able to clarify, and if so, a part number or link to where to buy one would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick.

One could ask Parts-King - send a personal message detailing your car (reg.no as a minimum) and pose your question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ricklincs45 said:

Auris SR180; 2009.

Hi Everyone,

firstly, apologies; I know this has been covered before, and I've read several of the threads/links on here but could still do with some advice please.

We have the common problem of water in the rear lights; left side worse than right.  A long time ago the car went to Toyota under warranty as the spare wheel well was like a swimming pool - fault diagnosed (and fixed) as a problem with left side back wheel arch vent.

Over the last few months the rear light have been condensating inside and regularly blowing bulbs.  I'd like to replace the seals in the light units, then silicone seal them once done, but... I've been led to understand (though I may have misunderstood) that there is a seal available; however, local Toyota dealer says there isn't (only a full light unit @ nearly 200 quid).

Is anyone able to clarify, and if so, a part number or link to where to buy one would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick.

PM your chassis number and I can check if a gasket is available.

• Like 1

Thanks, that's very kind of you, I've just sent you the number by private message.

Cheers,

Rick

I had this problem with mine a couple of years ago. I re-used the original seals, but removed the lights and basically sat them on a bed a of clear silicone sealant ( just the cheap bathroom stuff from Wilkos), and also siliconed the gap between the top of the lamp unit and body panel. Two years on and its still bone dry on both sides.