Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag recall

Mood

Hi

I got letter a few days ago from toyota regarding prius passenger airbag recall.has anyone got the same or that only for some models.I got prius excel 2016.

thank you

didn't think the  Airbag recall affected Uk models

I had a letter from Toyota at the start of November about a recall and I think it was for an Airbag problem.

I put the letter aside and it was only a week later when I looked at it again that I saw that it referred to my old Gen 3 Prius that I had sold back in July.   

So I told Toyota of the change of owner even though I had notified the DVLA when the car was sold.

Two weeks ago I had another recall letter from Toyota.  This time it is for my new Gen 4 Excel and involves a "Parking Brake Cable Clip".

Hi Michael,

I've had exactly the same experience. I had an airbag recall but it was for my Gen3 Prius that I part chopped for my Gen4 Excel in September. Like you DVLA were notified about the fact I was no longer the owner but I assumed it might have something to do with the personal number plate transfer to my new car. I 'phoned DVLA who verified the change had been made & their records were up to date. I let Toyota know this info. Recently I received a recall letter regarding the brake clip. I was told by my garage it wasn't urgent but the car's in tomorrow morning & they reckon it'll take about an hour to fix!

According to the DVSA recall check website, there is an airbag recall for the 2010-2012 Prius, and a parking brake recall for the 2016 Prius - unless, of course, there is a new airbag recall.

As far as I'm aware the airbag recall was officially launched 12th September, so DVLA would probably have supplied owner details before the launch date - either early September or August. The supply of owner details only occurs once.

I got the Charcoal canister recall for the Prius+ from DVLA last week, even though I traded it in for the Gen 4 Last March. I've already informed Toyota that I don't have the car when they sent me a recall for something else earlier in the year and I did receive the confirmation letter that I am no longer the registered keeper from DVLA when I traded the car in.

I don't know what's happened to the car as it's showing as VED expired and not sorned on the DVLA website and no insurance on MID ?

6 hours ago, kithmo said:

I don't know what's happened to the car as it's showing as VED expired and not sorned on the DVLA website and no insurance on MID ?

Could still be being driven on the road without insurance, tax or MOT. Close to 1.2 million uninsured drivers on the road in the UK.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links