Do Not Sell My Personal Information

☆WELL BEING AWAY FROM TOYOTA DIDN'T LAST LONG ☆

frankie406

As the title says I'm back! I had the insignia for 1 week after I got the dealer to do the timing belt and the faulty gearbox on these.I had it 1 week and the oil was running out of the gearbox.sooo

The car was handed back I'm just waiting on the outcome from the finance company. So who ever said I will be back was spot on! (The old girl is getting a revival)👍NEVER EVER BUY A VAUXHALL..such a nice car and smooth driver.but they ruined it with poor parts.

Cheers heidfirst

Shame about the Insignia, but welcome back - its as though you had never been away.

Lol yeah feels like that frosty.

Really nice car fitted me well BUT just wasn't to be! 😢

Hi Frank.

That is a very brief ownership and welcome back.

I thought that you was going to iron out the faults to the Vauxhall, but it seems to be throwing new ones. That car was a disaster!

Let's hope your current or next car is way better. :thumbsup:

I looked at buying an Insignia once (well, actually twice). Talked to an owner of a shiny new one at an airshow & discovered that he was in the process of rejecting the car as it had so many faults ...

& it has a massive transmission tunnel  through the back seats because it was designed to have 4wd as an option - I think that the Avensis should get more credit than it does for it's flat back seat floor.

• Like 1

The last decent cars Vauxhall/Opel built were the Cavalier and Carlton IMHO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yossarian247 said:

I had the Cavalier before my first Avensis back in 2003. It was a good car '93 1.8 LS. It had long gearing compared to the Avensis, and I serviced it with a cambelt and water pump, months before I went over to the Avensis. Then 13 years of mostly trouble free motoring with the Avensis. Yes it did have faults, but these were wear and tear. Still on the road to this day, aged 18 years. Still see quite a few Avensis Mk1 on the road, and quite a few Mk2s.

For the Insignia 2009 to have so much faults and from the sound of it, even more problems about to occur, means it's had terrible treatment or really is falling apart! My current car has only one issue - cracked paint in the door strap area, and that has been partly dealt with.

It was mickburkesnr (Michael) who said you will be back! :backofnet:

• Like 2

My stepfather had a '93 Cavalier 1.7TD, bought with 100k on the clock, which he took up to 250k commuting to work & back over a ten year period. It had very minimal even routine maintenance in that time, and no major failures other than an alternator. Still on its original clutch etc. It was eventually scrapped due to corrosion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

Omega was OK too (as long as you didn't go for the BMW-sourced diesel).

I had multiple Cavaliers, Carltons & Omegas. In my experience it was the electronics that tended to become unreliable first (although I had a clutch go & a steering rack at what I would consider premature mileages).

• Like 1