Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing wiper arm

newsboy

I have a 2014 Auris Hybrid and need to replace the drivers side wiper arm.   There appears to be a small lift up flap on the arm but I am not certain where to go from there.   Can anyone advise me please?        Oddly Toyota give no information about wiper arm replacement in the handbook or if they do it is remarkably well hidden.

I'm assuming you mean the wiper blade as the arms don't usually wear out. (?)

Once the flap is lifted up on the wiper blade, the wiper is gently pulled in the direction of the base of the wiper arm. Sometimes the first few millimetres of movement can be stiff as there is a detent to be overcome.  Wiggling the blade a little can help.

The arm has a deep but narrow hook formed in it.  You are sliding the plastic clip out of this parallel-sided hook.

Are you asking about replacing the wiper arm or the blade? We've never replaced the wiper arm on any of our cars.

There should be a securing nut under that flap. Mark the poition of the blade end on the windscreen and remove the nut. The arm will, hopefully, pull off with a bit of wiggling. Otherwise you might need one of these. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-702445-Windscreen-Wiper-Removal/dp/B007Z9DG0A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481031044&sr=8-2&keywords=wiper+arm+removal+tool

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Are you asking about replacing the wiper arm or the blade? We've never replaced the wiper arm on any of our cars.

My apologies for not making myself clear.     You are quite right, I am trying to remove the wiper blade and replace it with a new one.   There is nothing wrong with the wiper arm.

Many thanks