Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ALARMING! My Auris breaks grinded today and didn't stop when I hit the breaks! Please help

caruser

Hi all,

My Toyota Auris breaks grinded today and didn't stop the car when I breaked!

I had to break hard-ish and this happened which has alarmed me. What do I do? What could be the issue? I am phoning my garage tomorrow.

For the remaining 30mins journey I breaked gently to get home but now I am quite concerned.

So far I have done 7,000 miles without servicing it.

Please tell me what you know when this type of issue happens. :sad:

Most likely the brake pads are worn to the metal. Unfortunately that will have destroyed the discs also, you'll need new discs and pads.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Duggerz said:

Most likely the brake pads are worn to the metal. Unfortunately that will have destroyed the discs also, you'll need new discs and pads.

How much will that cost?

That depends on which course of action you take. If you can do it yourself, about £100, if you pay someone then at least double that.

• Like 1

Your other post shows you should check things more often, with your high usage. 

Can I add that you do weekly checks yourself - coolant, windscreen washer, brake, transmission (if dipstick for that), engine oil (very important), and tyre pressures/condition. The brake pads can be observed by looking through the wheel gaps/spokes.

You need to have a safe reliable car! 

I will repeat this comment in your other post.

• Like 3

I really like this post. I do weekly checks and it has saved me plenty, highly recommended. The number one reason for engine failure is still low oil level.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2016 at 2:26 PM, Konrad C said:

Can I add that you do weekly checks yourself - coolant, windscreen washer, brake, transmission (if dipstick for that), engine oil (very important), and tyre pressures/condition. The brake pads can be observed by looking through the wheel gaps/spokes.

You need to have a safe reliable car! 

I will repeat this comment in your other post.

Brake pads wear can be checked when change the wheels (for winter or summer), this means twice a year, you can easily estimate how long they'll last. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links