Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Yaris back seat lockdown

AIJ

Hi my son's has just failed it'seems MOT at Quick Fit because the rear seats won't  clamp down. I presume the black bar behind the seats should somehow clamp the two metal pegs into the holes in the floor but it doesn't seem to do anything.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Moved from Rav4 to Yaris club

Do you mean the second seat-folding stage isn't locking down (This is really bad since if you stop suddenly the whole back seat will tilt forward and probably squish any passengers!).

Have you looked at it?

I suspect the carpet has shifted and is blocking the bar that the seat clamps onto - Fold down the back seats and then tilt the whole thing up and have a look. Hopefully the bars haven't been bent or the clamps snapped off or something crazy like that...

• Like 1

This is exactly what is happening.  However, the holes the locking pegs fit into are clear of obstruction. I will check the carpet in the morning. 

Thank you  Coker.   I pushed the seat as far forward as it could go and worked the locking bar up and down until a loud click was heard.  All good now.