Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

brake judder

salohcin95

hi

this is my first post! i bought my 1999 rav4 about a month ago it has mint body work and every thing under the bonnet seemed fine too, but over the last few weeks it has been making a really bad judder under braking! i can feel it through the pedal and steering collum when this happens the brake hardly work? its very intermediate ive changed discs and pads but its still happening if you guys could help me identify the issue it would be amazing

thanks nick  

Possibilities include

Brake piston sticking inside caliper. Free it off or replace caliper - with piston installed. Your disc may become hot - even when not braking.

Brake system requires a bleed

Master or slave cylinder goosed

Brake servo leaking or goosed. 

Sticking piston or pistons would be a distinct possibility. If it's been happening for a while check for excessive wear on one pad, exercise both pistons and clean, regrease the pads before fitting and be careful to change pads before the worn one connects metal to metal, or even better change immediately. Were any of the pads you removed previously worn more than the others?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links