Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris excel hybrid with toyota safety sense

Auris2010

Is there anybody with experience how useful the toyota safety sense system? Just looking to upgrade now to excel bersion with TSS. 

Thanks

Are you looking at brand new? as 2017 MY Auris now has standard TSS ( except on Active )

Not quite sure if its 2017 but was told its a standard on excel trim. Just want to find out if it really works and have any problem with it

It is still a £450 option on the Toyota UK website . I have TSS on my 2 week old  Auris and am most pleased with the auto high beam function .

Agree, I find the traffic speed sign recognition a useful feature as well but it sometimes get its wrong, especially when behind a lorry showing 120 KMH on their tail! The most annoying feature IMHO is the lane departure warning, as you don't always need to signal when changing lanes but it still bleeps at you, lucky, you can also turn it off.

regards 

Also find the traffic sign info less than 100% reliable and as such is potentially hazardous , best just to treat as a trial feature imo .

Haven't tried the lane departure warning and am struggling to see the need . The collision avoidance looks more useful , I like the warning if you happen to get too close to the car in front . No plans to test further though .

Looks interesting. Hope the warning bleep can be switch on and off and wont be a nuissance. How about insurance, does insurance company  consider this to lower down your premium? How about the windscreen? Does it need to be clear from moist/ condensation for the camera to be working properly. Thanks. 

The 2017 auris has TSS as standard in all trim except active trim and has A new color trim Tokyo Red and new alloy wheels. When  will this come before or after March?

20 minutes ago, Auris2010 said:

Looks interesting. Hope the warning bleep can be switch on and off and wont be a nuissance. How about insurance, does insurance company  consider this to lower down your premium? How about the windscreen? Does it need to be clear from moist/ condensation for the camera to be working properly. Thanks. 

Cannot say the insurance went down, in fact this year it went up, and we are with Toyota insurance. Clear windscreen, definitely, you get a warning message on the centre console if there is an obstruction but its temperamental as we get it sometimes even on a clear sunny day.

regards

47 minutes ago, Auris2010 said:

The 2017 auris has TSS as standard in all trim except active trim and has A new color trim Tokyo Red and new alloy wheels. When  will this come before or after March?

Its Available now, we have a Tokyo Red Design in our showroom now and i love the colour

Nice.  Is there anything else new to auris 2017? Thanks!

I checked insurance groups using this website

http://www.motorquotedirect.co.uk/what-insurance-group-is-my-car/

From this my previous 2014 Auris HSD Exel without TSS is group 12 .

My current   2016 Auris HSD Exel  with TSS is group 10 ,

Have double checked this using other  car reg numbers from Toyota  dealers websites .

My insurance company still upped my premiums when I notified them of change vehicle though .:angry:

12 hours ago, Auris2010 said:

The collision warning bleep isn't a problem , not sure if it can be turned and I haven't felt the need to do so .

Early morning condensation does bring up a warning that the system is inoperative but this soon clears .

It does help safety wise but not insurance wise

On 13/12/2016 at 10:46 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Its Available now, we have a Tokyo Red Design in our showroom now and i love the colour

Looked at the new price list for auris, how come there is a auris with TSS and my2017 auris? Is there any difference?

thanks

Yes Auris with TSS is outgoing model with optional TSS and MY2017 is new model with TSS as standard 

On 13/12/2016 at 10:46 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Looked at the new price list for auris, how come there is a auris with TSS and my2017 auris? Is there any difference?

thanks

i

23 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Yes Auris with TSS is outgoing model with optional TSS and MY2017 is new model with TSS as standard 

So the specs will be different?

On 14.12.2016 at 0:47 PM, st901 said:

The collision warning bleep isn't a problem , not sure if it can be turned and I haven't felt the need to do so .

Early morning condensation does bring up a warning that the system is inoperative but this soon clears .

They have now solve the problem (BE-0071T-1016). On the modification they install better heating element under the camera and update the software. This mod came on last month. My Auris has got now this modification. On the attach, you can see the mod (sorry, it is on  Finnish..)

Kameralämmitys.pdf

On 18/12/2016 at 6:16 PM, Auris2010 said:

thanks

i

So the specs will be different?

There are a few changes for MY2017:

Tokyo Red replaces Vermillion Red

New Alloy wheels for Design model

New Seat trim for Design model

TSS now standard on all models ( excl Active )

• 2 weeks later...

I think Toyota safety sence is gimmicky, takes away basic driving skills, ok the collision warning system is probably a good idea if you are using the touch screen and not concentrating on your driving!! 

But I guess if most of the drivers I see these days who are unable to drive according to the Highway Code and indicate there intentions especially on roundabouts, then TSS is probably a good idea perhaps Toyota could develop a system that would automatically switch the indicators on.

• 1 month later...

Just took delivery of a 2016 Auris Excel Hybrid with TSS. Only had it a day so my comments are based on that. I would love to try the collision avoidance braking that has flashed a couple of times but having invested quite a bit of money I do not think I will take the chance.

At the moment I tend to agree with Rosgoe that it does seem a bit gimmicky and the equipment takes up quite a chunk of the windscreen. I initially found that annoying but soon got used to it.

Will report back after I have used it for a while.

One other thing while trying out the cruise control I have found that sometimes it does not go into set. A reboot of the car seems to cure this. Wondered if I am doing something wrong or there is a fault. Will keep an eye on it.

All in all an amazing car and very pleased with it.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, don21 said:

"One other thing while trying out the cruise control I have found that sometimes it does not go into set. A reboot of the car seems to cure this. Wondered if I am doing something wrong or there is a fault. Will keep an eye on it".

If in B mode you cant use cruise

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links