Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A few annoying noises.

Kuneha

I'll be brief.

IQ2 2010 with the new manifold.

The eengine is extremely noisy when cold. There also seems to be a scratching sound near the belt side of the engine. I'm unsure of the noise increases with engine speed. Both belts have been changed.

I put new pagid brakes back and front as well as a brake fluid change. Yet, the brakes are strangely noisy. They're not squeaking but rather at low speed, the brakes make a friction type noise. Also, when coming to a stop or applying the brakes at 1-5mph, it makes a creeky noise. I observed the wheels when braking at these speeds and the noise seems to be the brakes slipping than grabbing then slipping then grabbing so quickly it creates this noise.

Anyone else tried pagid brake pads? Should I replace with other brand?

I think the brake issue may be that I need to replace the discs as well, perhaps the pads are grabbing on high and low spots causing the issue and noise? Its like the noise of two baloons rubbing together.

As for the engine noise. I will get a recording.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links