Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing

paulisking

Good afternoon Guys,

I have a toyota yaris sport 65reg which is up for servicing. It currently has 30,400 miles on the clock and is in for service next week. Will it void my warranty by going over the stipulated 10000 miles interval? 

You didn't specify any history that you know of? Are you the first owner etc etc...

"vat registered service company" does not equal "Toyota main dealer" does it? So, the answer to your question is yes, you have voided the warranty! Did you not read the terms and conditions when you purchased the car? 

Under Block Exemption, vehicle manufacturers cannot insist on their own dealer network undertaking servicing during the new car warranty period. However, if non-franchised garages are used for servicing, in the event of a warranty claim that may have a bearing on how the car has been serviced, the onus is on the owner to prove that the vehicles has been serviced in line with the manufacturer's requirements, and using parts of suitable quality . This is why owners need to keep all receipts, etc. Some owners who have their servicing done outside of the dealer network, buy the service parts from a main dealer to ensure the parts are of a suitable quality.

Toyota's service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Usually there is a leeway of 1 month or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first and depending whether one uses the time or the mileage based service regime.

Having said that, if one went outside the dealer network for servicing, and one had to approach the manufacturer for help with a repair (ie a goodwill contribution), any goodwill request would likely be denied.

Going outside the dealer network also means that the independent garage won't have full access to things like service bulletins, updates, etc.

Cheers for your reply frostyballas.

the guy I go to has been a family friend for over 20 years and told me he buys genuine parts and follows the Toyota schedule, so by the sounds of it I should be alright then :)

As long as you have documentary evidence of what has been done, which parts (ie Toyota) have been used, etc. Though you have probably denied yourself any goodwill from the manufacturer in the future.

7 hours ago, paulisking said:

... so by the sounds of it I should be alright then :)

NOT if you go over the 1,000 miles limit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links