Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can one disable "Watch out cost warning....?

Theale

I use my iPhone in my 2016 Auris hybrid and it is paired with the in car system via bluetooth which means I can take calls hands-free etc.

However every time I start the car and have the phone with me, I get the "Watch out! cost warning: If you continue a chargeable online connection will be established." However a) I have a very large data allowance on my mobile b) I don't need to be reminded even if I did have to pay for data. Is there any way I can disable this feature - it's really irritating to have to touch the screen every time I start the car - even if I've just stopped to pop into a shop for 2 minutes.

NB this is separate from the SatNav message which at least stops once the SatNav has booted up - usually 10 seconds or so.

Help and advice welcome

I have the older T&G system & for that if I go into the device settings part of my MyToyota account you can disable/enable that there - perhaps similar for T&G2?

Yes, if you go into the settings you can disable the warning, if you can't find it pm me and I'll get you the route (In garage at moment )

Many thanks to Packard for his advice which I summarise below:

1 Have the engine on

2 Have display screen on, and press "Setup" (On the left, 2nd button from bottom)

3 Touch "Connectivity" - top right

4 Touch "Bluetooth" connection (at top)

5 Touch "Charge warning" (near bottom of list)

6 Untick "Show cost warning" and (below it) "Show roaming warning" (You untick by touching the box with the tick in it)

7 Use back arrow (bottom left) to go back to Setup and main screen

Packard suggests double checking that the two warnings remain unticked.

It worked for me and easy to do - just not intuitive to find it under "Bluetooth". Hope it helps others.

Note this does not affect the SatNav warning message which disappears after 7 or 8 seconds anyway - I can live with that.

David

• Like 1

Just tried this disable on my Yaris Ecel and it worked. The warning data every time the car was used was a pain, thanks for the tip.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links