Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newsboy

newsboy

I am thinking of fitting front mud flaps to my Auris Hybrid, 2014.      Had anyone done this and experienced additional drag (i.e. higher fuel consumption)  as a result.    They seem to stick out into the airstream a bit  and I wondered if the effect was noticeable.

Any tips on how to actually fit them would be a great help.    I can't see how you get the retaining studs out at the moment.  Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you are fitting genuine Toyota flaps as they come as full set, But i have fitted hundreds of sets and never had any complaints, fitting guides:

for hatchback:  http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/570c63cf-c492-4881-9ff2-eff33201ae47/Auris_Mudflaps_53008_02010_AIM_002_666_1.pdf 

For Tourer :  http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/f91bc8c4-82d4-4f7a-8838-1dfbdc89d2dd/Auris_Set_Mudflaps_53008_02030_AIM_002_911_1.pdf

Thank you for your advice.     I have to bought the mud flaps yet but there does seem to be the opportunity to buy front flaps only on a genuine Toyota spares site.  If not I will have to go for the full set.

Rear mud flaps help to reduce the amount of spray and dirt deposited on the rear of the car (hatch, rear window, etc) .......

At the moment I am not getting much in the way of spray and dirt at the rear end.   It is the front where most of the muck ends up.    The car seems to have small mud flap extrusions at the rear which seem to do a good job.     Do you have any thoughts about drag?

Would have thought drag would be negligible

Have to agree - given where they are (right behind a turbulence generator) I would imagine the difference in drag would be immeasurable. 

In the "fart in a hurricane" territory.

Jez

Thank you both.    I quite see the point about it being in a turbulent area.     Anyway I am ordering an official Toyota set tomorrow and will spend Christmas/New Year fitting them when the relatives become unbearable!

Oooh, I don't think it'll keep you away from the in-laws for that long. I fitted mine (kosher Toyota set for my Touring) in about 45 minutes, front and back. It's a bit of a judgment call to get the screws tight enough without slipping, but otherwise dead simple.

I immediately noticed how much less road noise I was hearing from the mud that normally gets kicked up against the sills. No regrets. :biggrin:

Hello Countrylad

I have just ordered the official Toyota set which should arrive on Thursday morning.     I am right in assuming the screw go into the centres of the plastic plugs that are already there?   Or do the plugs have to be removed first?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links