Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis stereo to aux/bluetooth

Avensis 2.2 nj

Any  ideas how to insert aux and bluetooth to avensis with the stereo model w58831? I'm not a fan of the fm transmitters. I've read of these bluetooth adapters that connect to the cd changer/navi 6+6 connection but not sure if it'll work.

Yes, there a lots of options available for the Unit in your car. It should have a 6+6 CD changer at the rear of the stereo. This is where the adapter is plugged into. 

I have always had adapters in my recent cars, when MP3 and SD/USB memory media became available. 

See my "how to" which covers most the topics, with some links: -  

Don't worry if the adapters state specific Toyota models so long as they are for 6+6 sockets. 

Here are some links to recent eBay items.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-USB-SD-Toyota-AUX-Adapter-MP3-CD-changer-Toyota-Prius-2004-2011-/191970325154?hash=item2cb252b2a2:g:KeUAAMXQstJTlr-n
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-USB-SD-Adapter-MP3-CD-changer-TOYOTA-Avensis-Yaris-Prius-2-II-RAV-4-/192027975374?hash=item2cb5c25ece:g:thIAAOSwYIxX-3IT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Bluetooth-handsfree-A2DP-CD-changer-adapter-Toyota-Avensis-Mark-X-2004-2009-/111575425984?hash=item19fa69e3c0:g:hXQAAOSwa39UuQ9B

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A2DP-Bluetooth-audio-telephone-adapter-Toyota-Avensis-Celicia-Corolla-Lexus-big-/182231993555?hash=item2a6ddf8cd3:g:17AAAOSwnQhXpFGD

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-AVENSIS-MP3-SD-USB-CD-AUX-Input-Audio-Adapter-Digital-CD-Changer-Module/131691765022?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3Dcd70344971da4b629c687c990454ca10%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D191970325154

Apart from the last link, all have bluetooth

These are generally cheaper than buy a stereo, facia plate and adapter cables, plus the steering controls will work the functions.

• Like 1

Thank you for reply. Yer I have a 6+6 connection at the back of my stereo but there's something connected in it I'm guessing it's the nav system. I've also bought a Y adapter so that I can get both the nav connection and the bluetooth connection in I'm hoping it will work it should arrive tomorrow and il post how I get on. Again thanks for the info

• Like 1

bluetooth adapter arrived today and works fine how ever it's a good job I bought the Y adaptor because now I can use both the bluetooth adaptor and the sat nav if not I would have had to use one or the other. Thanks for all comments 

• Like 2

Glad it all works Nigel. 

So the Y adapter works, in keeping the NAV and bluetooth adapter working together. Great thinking. 

Konrad  👍👍

• Like 1

Have you a link for the Y adapter? 

Available here:-

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142166014342

The important thing is that you are certain which fitting you need. The newer sockets are 6+6. The older style are 5+7.

• Like 2

Mines the 06 pre-face lift model.i'll check the unit before buying both.

Another thing to mention also buy a remote button if your adapter doesn't come with one, to answer calls or pause and play music while you're driving to save you picking up your phone to do either 👍

• Like 2

Where did you buy your device from?

• Like 1

Amazon! I got the yatour one. Then had to purchase the y cable and the remote separately all together £70 it was on them lightning deals so if you check now it'll be more expensive, you can get cheaper versions on eBay and Amazon so have a shop around before you buy.

• Like 2

Cheers mate!👍

• Like 1

Nigel, read your review on Amazon -  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yatour-Digital-Changer-Bluetooth-charging/dp/B014R3340I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482650879&sr=8-1&keywords=yatour+bluetooth+adapter

Very detailed with the positive and negative points, especially regarding the volume settings on the device. The device I am using has a similar issue, and again after experimenting, got a better level, but still could do with being a little louder. I also agree that the remote should have been included. I would have thought that the Yatour would  use the steering controls to answer/reject calls like the LApower  adapter I use. The track change buttons become the answer(up) and reject/end(down) during the phone call mode. Then the controls revert back the track changing functions, when the call has finished. I did notice a similar adapter - APPS2CAR - which does come with the remote controller (I assume you have seen it?).

Compatibility covers virtually every model within the Toyota/Lexus/Scion range with 6+6 socket and up to 2011 model year. This is the same for most adapters, since Toyota  has standardise the socket - except for some of the touchscreen Nav models, which are not electrically compatible inspite of having the socket! Later cars tend to come with USB and/or bluetooth so don't need adapters.

I love these adapters because of the cheap and simple way to add to the stock stereo.  

• Like 2

Wow that's a revelation to me I never knew I could use the track up/down to answer or reject calls I've just tried and it works 😄 !!!!! yer the volume is annoying but once you set it right it's good! But yes I agree they are good little gadgets not perfect but a lot cheaper than buying a full on double din £300 aftermarket unit. Plus by getting these adapters you keep the original dash look which in my opinion looks good and I'm happy with the avensis sound system I've owned a BMW e39 and the sound system in that was terrible. Out of all the cars I've owned I like the avensis sound system best. So I'm happy to add the Bluetooth/USB/aux just by adding this .....

where have you mounted your adapter? Mines currently in glove box but I'm thinking of planting it under armrest! 

• Like 2

And no I never are across your APPS2CAR I was browsing through the lightning deals and found my yatour for £40.99 but yours looks a great buy as it comes with the remote!

41 minutes ago, Avensis 2.2 nj said:

And no I never are across your APPS2CAR I was browsing through the lightning deals and found my yatour for £40.99 but yours looks a great buy as it comes with the remote!

Actually Nigel, I have the much older LApower adapter, which has a socket to install a microSD card, as well as the AUX and USB. I only use the USB as shown in my "how to" post - 

The APPS2CAR adapter and others like it, are clones of the Yatour model you have.

Now you know the reason the remote was not included, but some Toyota's do not have steering control. 

I agree with keeping the car looking stock too. The extra features missing - Sat-nav, bluetooth, USB, reverse camera, can all be added at much cheaper cost. My phones have better navigation that works with my cars voice only bluetooth (No A2DP so added adapter for second phone). I had an USB adapter in my old car, so want the same in this. The reverse camera would be via the mirror, but all the wiring looks a lot of hassle. I have minimum problems parking my estate, but may order the reversing lens which I can attach at the rear. Summit is a brand I have seen. Every extra covered with a cheaper option. 

• Like 2

After two or three weeks of using my adapter. Ended up using the remote, as it allows me to pause music without picking phone up

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links