Do Not Sell My Personal Information

check engine light

stephen oconnell

Good morning

Just wondered about my Toyota auris 1.6 Sr petrol,my engine warning light came on and i lost power immediately and after 20 minutes of the engine being turned off it i re started and had no other issues until today when it did it again.

I stopped and re started the car and the engine light was still on but the car felt and drove fine.

There is a fault showing up on the throttle position sensor

Any help would be gladly appreciated

Moved to the Auris club.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought an Auris T-Spirit 9 months ago and in that time it has done the same thing 3 times.  The check engine light comes on, it loses all power and crawls.  As soon as I restart the engine it is fine but the light stays on, it will let me drive about 5 miles before stopping again until the light is turned off at a garage.  Two garages have looked at it and the fault code says its a problem with the accelerator but they can't find anything wrong.  I am terrified to drive it further than about 10 miles away from home in case it happens.  Did you manage to sort your out? Thanks

5 minutes ago, hcooper1000 said:

I bought an Auris T-Spirit 9 months ago and in that time it has done the same thing 3 times.  The check engine light comes on, it loses all power and crawls.  As soon as I restart the engine it is fine but the light stays on, it will let me drive about 5 miles before stopping again until the light is turned off at a garage.  Two garages have looked at it and the fault code says its a problem with the accelerator but they can't find anything wrong.  I am terrified to drive it further than about 10 miles away from home in case it happens.  Did you manage to sort your out? Thanks

Petrol or diesel?

What is the fault code ?

15 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

What is the fault code ?

Just had it looked at again and its PO121 Throttle Position Sensor but apparently everything looks ok.  They have put some grease on the plug a checked the connections but again have been told to just wait and see if it happens again - its so frustrating