Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello again..!! A new issue :-(

121CruiserMAN

Hi peeps, FIrstly sorry for not replying back sooner on my other issue (diesel getting into oil). Anyway as reccomended by members on here I booked into local mr T and they carried out some recall work. Not sure what they did buy they 'seemed' to think it was a big job and had it a few days.

Anyway I have been working away for a few months and the wife has been using the car. Upon picking me up from the airport I noticed the dash light up like a christmas tree (quite appropriate for the time of year :) )

So we have engine light and 4wd as well as traction VSC and also lack of power.

Had my local guy run a diagnostic and it came with the following faults: 

ENGINE CODES:- P252F Engine oil level too high (checked and its bang on the max indicator) and P2463 DPF restriction - Soot Accumulation

ABS CODES:- C1201 Engine Control System Fault, C1210 and C1336 "Zero Point Yaw Sensor Calibration Undone and Yaw Rate Sensor Calibration Undone"

Toyota cannot fit me in until New Year and i'm only home until 7th July so ideally want to know whats going on with it before I leave. The wife said the Engine and 4WD lights came on only a couple of days ago however the VSC has been on a few months (and she never mentioned to tell me before!!!)

I took it for a bit of a run on way back from the Airport (3rd/4th gear 3-4000 rpm) and it certainly 'feels' a lot better however lights still showing.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Are you home til the 7th January or 7th July?

Update - all fixed. The engine and 4wd lights went off after I had taken the car for a good run (cleared the dpf out I suppose). 

The VSC and Skid LIghts went out after a bit of digging on Google..! Basically I just bridged 2 points from the OBD port and this re-sets the speed / steering sensor (Yaw control). So all good and best part is it didnt cost a penny :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem and stuck a bottle of dpf cleaner in half a tank and 10 miles lateral lights and not been on for 500 miles.

Yes i've now done same. bought 3 bottles and told the wife to put it with the fuel as and when. Only issue now is the yellow spanner light coming on after about 10 mins of driving.. Have reset via the instructions in the manual to do a re-set for service but no joy.

That's just what mine was doing,drive 20 mins light came on. No codes found even when light was on but x1 bottle of the Wynne's stuff and all good.

• 3 years later...
On 12/23/2016 at 2:34 PM, 121CruiserMAN said:

Update - all fixed. The engine and 4wd lights went off after I had taken the car for a good run (cleared the dpf out I suppose). 

The VSC and Skid LIghts went out after a bit of digging on Google..! Basically I just bridged 2 points from the OBD port and this re-sets the speed / steering sensor (Yaw control). So all good and best part is it didnt cost a penny 🙂

Heej, i don’t know if this thread is still active but I’ll give it a try, I just bought a Toyota urban cruser 2009, and on my way from the shop the VSC and skid lights with the engine light went on. 
What do you mean that you bridged 2 points from the OBD? 
I have tried driving for 30min on 4th gear and checked the tank lid but no luck. and I’ve tried pressing the buttons.. I don’t know anything about cars so could anyone please help me understand what is wrong?🙏

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2020 at 8:46 PM, Pauline222 said:

Heej, i don’t know if this thread is still active but I’ll give it a try, I just bought a Toyota urban cruser 2009, and on my way from the shop the VSC and skid lights with the engine light went on. 
What do you mean that you bridged 2 points from the OBD? 
I have tried driving for 30min on 4th gear and checked the tank lid but no luck. and I’ve tried pressing the buttons.. I don’t know anything about cars so could anyone please help me understand what is wrong?🙏

Wynn's Professional Formula Diesel Particulate Filter Regenerator & Cleaner DPF Treatment It worked for me as I had the same probs. You have to remember to clear the codes later though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links