Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 3 sold privately

barrycoll

I would just like to say that selling a 2013 Gen 3 on Autotrader was very easy.

The ad. went in at 2 pm and after a couple of silly offers was sold the same evening for the asking price. This may suggest that the price was a bit too low, but other than £56 to Autotrader for 6 weeks (!!!!) display, there were no other costs

There were Dvla costs of keeping the number for the Gen 4.

Over all, very easy, and payed for by electronic transfer, and interestingly, the buyer saw the advert online in Pakistan, phoned his uncle, who was in Heathrow, who actually came that eveing (witha torch!!) to view the car.................and left a cash deposit..

I am sort of kicking myself for placing the ad for 6 weeks, but Autotrader marketing inevitably funnels a customer down this road

.Trade in price was £11k

Overall there was 186 views and 17 contacts, in just 2 days, suggesting that a good Prius is desirable motor

Fullscreen capture 02-Jan-17 110856.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was at our MrT last week while the Plugin was being serviced.  Wandered around the used car lot and not a single Prius in sight.  No new ones in the showroom either.  I guess they are handy for Uber drivers.

The chap who viewed my car, ran a mini cab company near Heathrow, with 25 drivers......he was buying my car for his 'nephew/son-in-law', to join the fleet on his return from Peshawar.

I feel a bit sorry for my Gen 3, going from a nice quiet life sitting on a drive, waiting for the next biking trip out into the country, or down to Spain, to working 24/7 around the M25 and Heathrow slip roads, overloaded with too much luggage.

I would have thought that the Auris Estate would have made a better Uber than the Gen 3 Prius.

On the other hand, on a recent biking trip to Andalucia, the Police were using the Prius, and the cabs were Auris TS's

2 hours ago, barrycoll said:

...I would have thought that the Auris Estate would have made a better Uber than the Gen 3 Prius...

Not necessarily... the legroom in the back was what set the Prius apart, although the Gen 4 will be a problem for some (including me!) with it's restricted rear headroom.

The Gen 3 on 15" wheels was particularly comfortable.

I must say yours will be a well appointed minicab, with it's T-Spirit equipment and sunroof - did you have the Tech pack as well?  Most minicabs are T3s.  Personally, I would never have opened the sunroof, but being able to keep the fan on while parked and start the A/C remotely would have appealed! 

By the time I left greentomaotcars I managed a fleet of some 300 Prius, and they were remarkably good at standing up to life as minicabs.  When I drove one during the company's first year, I only had two frights with luggage on my 1400 or so journeys - one had surfboards (split rear seat saved the day), the other was 3 VIPs I met from a private jet with 3 massive suitcases (took the false floor out and rearranged the bits and pieces that normally lived under there) - we managed ok in both cases though.  The biggest complaint of the Gen 2 Prius they used originally was with the firm ride and firm seats - many Gen 1 owners upgrading found this quite a shock too!

The Prius, having a longer wheelbase than the Auris (2700mm - same as the Avensis - as opposed to 2600mm for the Auris) will probably be better for rear legroom than the Auris. The Auris Touring Sport will have better luggage capacity, although that isn't always important for many taxi users.

No Tech Pack, Pete B as it was a silly price on £1500 and the Roof was bad enough......although I would pay the same again on the G4 if a roof was available. It is available on the Advanced Tech Pack in the States on the Prius 3 & 4.

The roof was great for ventilation, with just the back end flipped up, as you could feel the dash board face vents really allow more air to enter, as they were working against less resistance.

It seems to be the ability to put feet right under the front seats that makes all of the difference to rear seat comfort........but not having a height adjust on the passenger seat of the Excel is really poor, comfort wise, as every leg and torso length is different.

M y wife may have to go back to  using a Back Friend, which is really excellent, but shouldn't be necessary

https://www.medesign.co.uk/MEDesign-Backfriend

• Like 1

I see it was described as 'Congestion zone free'. I thought this no longer applies to the Gen3. Was there any issues with that?

No, it only applies now to the plugin Prius and Gen 4 Prius with 15" wheels.  I don't think there are any other Toyotas that qualify.

I think it stopped applying to Gen 3 about 3½ years ago.  Any that were already registered (like my previous Gen 3) were given 3 years' exemption for the current owner only, but as soon as the car was sold it become void.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links