Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil filter housing adapter

Stonedofmoo

Hi guys, very frustrated to find Toyota are using an oil housing cap that requires a special keyed adaptor to remove and refit. This kind of thing really annoys me as there is no reason for it other than to try and push owners towards dealers.

Can someone point me in the direction of an adaptor that will fit?

Regards

Chris

Don't worry, I found one on eBay - has the right key points on it and claims to fit the Verso housing. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2017 at 4:26 PM, nic smith said:

3/8 socket fits- the square drive. 

For your information, the Toyota oil cartridge does not have a cut out for a 3/8 square drive. If there was a cut out for the drive, I and the OP would not need the tool. Like to OP I bought the tool which also works on the more traditional oil filter. I used it to change my friends Prius so the tool is flexible and easy to use.  

The following pictures show the tools I need for my Avensis Valvematic - Spark plug socket for the latest tiny spark plugs as well as the oil filer tool which does need a 3/8 drive.

P1000983.JPGP1000986.JPG

When I did my oil change 

P1190124.JPGP1190134.JPG

Notice I use the preferred grade of oil. My personal preference. As i said before, the oil filter tool is standard on most Toyota from late 2000's to date!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links