Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 D-4D XTR

mickthefish

Hello, this is my 1st visit so please bear with me if I don't do it right.  I have a 2005 RAV4 D-4D XTR with 65k on the clock. I have owned it for 3 years and pretty much problem free but now something is wrong and I could do with some help!  When I accelerate quickly, usually in 4th or 5th I get a heavy rattle and some vibration, sounds like it is coming from below and to the rear but as soon as the speed picks up it goes away.  I think it has always done this and figured I just needed to drop a gear, but just lately it has become much worse. Toyota reckoned it was a heat shield/plate that had loosened but apparently not and they don't know what else without serious investigation!  Ant help or suggestions would be most appreciated as overall it is a good car and want to keep it for a long time.

Many thanks............Mick

Hello Mick - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thread moved to the Rav4 club.

The noise could be a loose baffle in the exhaust, but the vibration which gives rise to it might be a wheel out-of-balance. (Maybe a balance weight had fallen off).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links