Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

noise from rear of aygo

daren105

Hi have just joined club as I have purchased today a 2006 aygo.

But I have a problem I drove it home no problem.My wife drove it with me in passenger side and son in back and there was a noise came from the rear of the car like a rubbing when she turned into a round about both left and right.

I have taken it out again with just me in the car and had to really give it some stick cornering to make a noise and it was only a very low sound.

could anyone tell me if it is something to worry about?

Thank you

Daren

I'm not suggesting this is the source of the noise, but just make sure all four tyres are inflated to the correct pressures.

32 psi all round IIRC :wink:

And remember, these cars have very little sound proofing, so may be noisier than what you are used to, depending on what you drove before.

My Aygo makes all sorts of noises as the interior has very little insulation, most of the time I just turn up the radio and ignore them. There is a squeaking sound coming from the rear window which is a new one on me and my step brother's 2014 Aygo (we bought both ours at the same time) is coming up with the same issue. 

Squeaking from rear window means it needs cleaning and the boot seal needs a bit of silicon grease to soften it back up.

Rattling from the rear for me has either been spare wheel not fastened in properly / seat belt retaining bolts  chattering.

I presume yours has standard wheels and tyres on?

• Like 1

I did some research on treating the rubber seals and bought some of this stuff:

Nextzett Gummi Pflege

Expensive, but very easy to apply, and I reckon it'll keep the seals doing their job for the life of the car. Especially good for the boot seal.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 56 plate Aygo. When I bought it about a year ago I also noticed a grinding/rubbing noise but only when turning a sharp left at speed and with someone sitting in the back. I suspected the rear wheel bearing but never got round to removing it to check. But in the meantime it needed the rear brake shoes to be replaced which were clearly the originals. Since then the noise seems to have disappeared. So might be worth checking these.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links