Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RT100 Corona Sedan Two-Door?

toyotareference

I'm working on a project to illustrate every Toyota ever sold in the US.  Every model, every generation and even every body variant.  261 in total.  Well, I thought 261.

Just stumbled over the RT104/RT105 Corona two-door sedan.  I had no idea this existed, but Wikipedia claims that this sold well in the US.  Every brochure from 1974-1978 shows it, although it's definitely shown second to the hardtop coupe in almost every year. 

Here's the funny thing.  I can't find ONE PHOTO on Google Images of one of these, outside of the brochure.  Was this two-door sedan ACTUALLY sold in the US?  Does anyone know?

Better yet, anyone know a current owner?

Thanks!

7801.jpg

We're the UK based owners club, and deal mainly with Toyota owners from the UK and Europe. Doubt whether we would be of much help to you in your quest. One could try the US based club - http://us.toyotaownersclub.com

Thanks for the info.

While my project encompasses only cars that were sold here, my illustrations are of cars that are owned by people internationally.

Are there any 74-78 Corona two-door sedan owners ANYWHERE?  I'm starting to suspect it's a big prank, haha!

Here you can see the progress I've made drawing over 200 Toyota variants so far this year:
http://www.idrewyourcar.com/timeline/lineup-toyota

Did come across an auction entry for a 1974 Toyota Corona dating from 1998, which at the time was  believed to be one of only three remaining Coronas in the UK. No image, so don't know whether this was a two or four door saloon (known as a sedan in the US) or a coupe.

There is also a 1966 Corona on the Toyota GB Heritage Fleet - http://blog.toyota.co.uk/our-heritage-fleet-1966-toyota-corona-deluxe

Think a lot of UK registered Japanese cars from the 1960's/70's would have succumbed to rust.

• 6 years later...

I have one of these 1974 corona rt 014 2 doors on my prioperty.......would love any info you could provide.

scot

661 331-2725

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links