Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch issue?

600rob

Hi All, My 1.0 mk1 french built manual yaris with about 100k miles seems to be having some problems with the clutch.

The clutch slips intermittently. By intermittently i mean, some days its absolutely fine and on others, the clutch seems to slip quite badly in all gears and speeds.

As an example i did a 100 mile round trip on motorways/dual carriageways a few days ago. The clutch did not slip at all even when trying to deliberately slip the clutch. Yesterday i did about a 20 mile short trip on A and b roads and experienced a lot of clutch slip, in all gears.

Ive also tried applying the gas with the car stationery, in 1st gear and the hand brake applied, but couldn't manage to get the clutch to slip. Tyically ill take the car up the road to the shop or something and then get a load of clutch slip.

Assuming the clutch is on the way out are these the normal symptoms (gradual degradation) and should i look at getting a new clutch fitted asap?

Or, is there anything else that could be causing the problem for me to investigate before going for a new clutch?

Thanks

Rob

Mmmm, at a guess either some sort of contamination is getting between the clutch plate and the flywheel, causing them to slip, or the release bearing is shagged and not letting the spring push back against the plate properly all the time.

Right.....cheers mate.

ill see if i can check that out somehow. If it proves too much for me ill take it to a garage.

Ta

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links