Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lots of white smoke

4raver

Hi everyone, I'm still here...whilst stuck in rush hour trafic in a stop start situation for 40 mins my car suddenly produced the most horrendous cloud of white smoke from the exhaust which lasted about a minute then stopped and everything was fine. No loss of power, increase in revs or anything other than the smoke...I have a 2010 facelift RAV4 D4D XTR 2.2 with just 50,000 miles on the clock. Serviced and maintained by RRG Stockport. It's happened once befor about two years ago whilst in traffic in France. Any Ideas, have I got a problem.

Thanks Paul

First thought is it was the DPF regen firing fuel into the exhaust at an inappropriate time for that Surprise! Airshow Smoke!! effect.

Yep, sounds like a regen has done it's business.

If there are no other signs, then just monitor it a hope it was indeed a regen.

When the regen does happen, it can be just a small plume of smoke and then again, it can be a startling huge plume of smoke.

As it's never happened before I was reasonably sure it was a regen...quite spectacular especially for the cars stuck behind me...Ha Ha Ha !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links