Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P0141 code

Gower Boy

Hi Guys,

Had the Mil light last year light up, so got myself an OBD meter from Amazon

Car is an 02 RAV4 Auto petrol, so spent days going through the FAQ's on the forum, the code is P0141, but the more I got involved, the more confused I got, ( IQ in double digits) I seems that it's Bank 1, sensor 2, but there's a crossover in the exaust manifold, So looking at the engine from the front (of the 4 sensors) it's the bottom right sensor, 

Question,? Don't know where to get my hands on the proper Denso sensor OR the part number, and have read that fitting the wrong one is a mistake, FAQ's mentioned private messaging Parts King, don't know how to do that via IPad,

my local garage said they're happy to do the job if I supply the right part and that it might only need the threads cleaned up,

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

As regards sending a personal message, it doesn't matter what tablet one uses.

When you're logged onto Toyota Owners Club, towards the top right of the page one will see one's username. To the left of one's username, one will see three buttons, and one of these will be in the form of an envelope - clicking on this button allows one to access one's personal messenger facility.

On clicking the button, one accesses the personal messenger inbox, and, again, towards the top right there will be a further button 'compose new', which, if clicked, takes one to the format for composing a new message.

The format for composing a message is similar to an e-mail - one types in the recipient's username into the 'To' box, and as you type, username suggestions will appear for one to select from.

The correct username you need is 'Parts-King'.

EDIT:  Ah-ha - Found this on EBay:

Bank 1 Sensor 2

Even less, and a Denso part

Ignore the EPC pic below.   I can't find out how to delete it.  It refers to the upstream sensors (sensor 1). Quite ridiculous that the name and description omits that fact.

It turns out that the upstream sensors are "Sensor, air fuel ratio", and the downstream are "Sensor, Oxygen". I think I can hear Michael Caine saying "Not a lot of people know that".

O2-sensors.jpg

Thanks Frostyballs and IanML, I now know how to PM 😃, and yes Ian, that's where my confusion is, as it hasn't really effected the fuel consumption except by about 2mpg, I have assumed that it's downstream, Therefore bottom right, it's just that I don't want to get the wrong one and find that it only works for about 5 mins, thanks 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links